PDA

View Full Version : Graduation

ajk
05-15-2009, 06:02 AM
I HAVE MY MIND OUT. I AM TRYING TO MAKE THIS FOR MY SON. I DON'T KNOW IF IS A GOOD IDEA . MOTHERS WANT ALL PERFECT FOR THE KIDS.ALL YOU IDEAS AND HELP I WILL APPRECIATE:confused:HILDA

want2b
05-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Congrats! Like your idea and it should look great on the wall. The onlt thing I might do differently would be the letters seem to be crowded and hard to read. Attached is a chang I tried, don't know if you have Centerline, if so you could use it. I don't have the feature but have found that by making a carve region around my letters it carves a lot like it.
Good luck,
Rick H.

ajk
05-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Do You Think That Can Be Carved Ok The Letters. I Don't Have The Centerline. We Are Just Starting. I Was Thinking To Cut And Make Texas Shape. Thanks A Lot

ajk
05-15-2009, 08:57 AM
I HAVE MY MIND OUT. I AM TRYING TO MAKE THIS FOR MY SON. I DON'T KNOW IF IS A GOOD IDEA . MOTHERS WANT ALL PERFECT FOR THE KIDS.ALL YOU IDEAS AND HELP I WILL APPRECIATE:confused:HILDA

I MAKE SOME CHANGES

cnsranch
05-15-2009, 09:58 AM
ajk

I played with it a little - you probably won't like my changes, but I gave it a shot.

Will someone tell me why I can't get a cut path around the Texas pattern?

(having a brain fart)

ajk
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
ajk

I played with it a little - you probably won't like my changes, but I gave it a shot.

Will someone tell me why I can't get a cut path around the Texas pattern?

(having a brain fart)

I TOOK THE TEXAS PATTERN FROM ONE OF THE POST AND I TRIED TO MAKE THE CUTPATH BUT I CANT. I LIKE THE CHANGE OF THE SHAPE. bUT THE LETTERS ARE SO BIG,,SORRY

will george
05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Far from (way far from) any sort of expert with the CW software. But here is one thought.

Not sure where you got the outline of texas. If you have the original put it in your graphic editing software and make a copy with all the background around the state outline removed. Or if you can use the CW Pattern Editor (have the CW probe software?)
use the Quantize filter. I 'think' you will only get a outline if the background is not transparent.. Not sure. I'll try... Hope I get back soon!

I tried the free States Patterns from AskBut that seems to live in here day and night.. And making stuff for us.... :>)

I could get a outline with no problems.. No problems is a BIG deal to me! Had problems all my life and then I had to go and get a CarveWright! OK, I love it anyway! The CarveWright is like my Children.. Very easy to get along with IF you spend the time to listen to them!

Very sorry To Mr AskBut.. I DID NOT DO THAT ON PURPOSE.. Really!

ajk
05-15-2009, 12:17 PM
How You Make The Letters. I Start Again .

ajk
05-15-2009, 12:19 PM
I FOUND THAT IF I IMPORT THE PATTERN AGAIN WITH THE DESIRED SIZE I CAN CREATE YHE CUT PATH. I DON'T KNOW WHY. tHANKS

ajk
05-15-2009, 01:09 PM
See Now. Thanks To Both Of You. See If You Like

cnsranch
05-15-2009, 01:20 PM
ajk

I'm afraid you are not going to like the results - your text is much too tall, and you will experience much chipping of the letters.

HighTechOkie
05-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Here it is with centerline text and the images inverted. Carve time is just over 1hr at Optimal quality. I've heard you can still carve the centerline text if you just upload the file to the card. If you try to make any changes to the text and you lose centerline.

Rob

mtylerfl
05-15-2009, 03:41 PM
I tried the free States Patterns from AskBut that seems to live in here day and night.. And making stuff for us.... :>)

Actually, I believe the original 50 states patterns were first posted in the forum back in January 2007 by Henry S. Swearingen in a single zip file...
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=10900&postcount=3

ajk
05-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I Carved With Your Letters But Is Too Compress And The Utmb Sign Dont Came Good. Could You Make More Space Between Letters And A Little Deep. Sorry To Ask For This.

will george
05-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Actually, I believe the original 50 states patterns were first posted in the forum back in January 2007 by Henry S. Swearingen in a single zip file...\\aOK

Does it matter? I would say (sort of) BUT I got them anyway,,,,

And I see the point... But I thikin' when anybody post things .. They are free to use. And again I see your thoughts...

Give me the lilnk to the original poster and I will thank them for... Their input..
I just used Texas and Wisconsin.. I will delete the files if it matters! AND THE ZIP file...

ajk
05-15-2009, 04:17 PM
I Carved And Came Bad The Utmb,could You Make The Letters A Little Deeper. See If You Like The Changes

HighTechOkie
05-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Centerline does not have a depth adjustment. If you want the letters to be wider, you need a wider font. If you want the letters deeper, you can use the v60 bit, no need to change anything in the file, just load the v60 at the machine.

I would recommend painting the letters black and then sand paint off the top surface. Its quick to do and will make the letters really stand out.

For the UTMB logo, I would edit the star portion so that it would be at the surface and then do the same paint fill on it, having a border and UTMB in black with the star remaining wood.

Rob

ajk
05-16-2009, 03:04 PM
the letters cake good with the bit that ypu told but i have problem with the utmb i carve with the invert but really came bad

HighTechOkie
05-16-2009, 07:16 PM
I redid the UTMB logo. It is a little different from the actual design, but this one should carve better.

ajk
05-16-2009, 07:55 PM
I redid the UTMB logo. It is a little different from the actual design, but this one should carve better.thanks you are amazing i will post it as soon as i finished.. :roll:n
hilda

ajk
05-17-2009, 09:04 AM
the stars were for hightechokie