PDA

View Full Version : Text question newbie question

mjc4art
05-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Hello,

Is it possible to get raised text? For an example the plank would be 25 inches long, 5 inches wide and .750 thick. Something simple like "open" but I want the letters to be raised, or I guess carve the wood all around the lettering ... is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
mj

Lin
05-14-2009, 10:23 PM
mj...
Will something like this work?
Wasn't sure if this is what you are after....I just used a carve region around the raster letters.
Lin

fhoward2
05-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Here is one that is just the raised area with no box..

bjbethke
05-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Here is one that is just the raised area with no box..
You would need a sled with side rails to carve this MPC. You need a cut path to make these type carvings to keep under the rollers. You could also make an edge route on the carving with the cut path.

mtylerfl
05-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Hello,

Is it possible to get raised text? For an example the plank would be 25 inches long, 5 inches wide and .750 thick. Something simple like "open" but I want the letters to be raised, or I guess carve the wood all around the lettering ... is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
mj

Hello mj,

You might enjoy Page 2 of the Tips & Tricks - ISSUE 3 December 2007 "Handy Tips for Everyone!" (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Dec07.pdf) which describes the procedure for achieving the effect of a raised carving within a carve region.

mjc4art
05-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Thank you everyone ... all the answers have been helpful ...