PDA

View Full Version : Spindle adapter question

woodsnwaters
05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Anybody know what size/diameter the treads are on the CW Spindle are?

Digitalwoodshop
05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
That CLASSIFIED..... And if In tell you I will have to.......

Just kidding...

That would be a useful thing to know.

I make wooden signs for a development and today a guy called and he wants to start making signs for the same development as he bought a Router letter template from Rockler. He had some questions as to how I make the signs.

Well... I told him in detail the questions he asked. I could have told him to pack sand but there is enough work out there for everyone. I know he is limited with the router jig and let him play.... Sure it will cut into my business since he will undercut my price...

AL

twiceretired
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Competition is good, then the customer can compare quality, and I’m sure you’ll win out from what I’ve seen of your work. Another thing, when they see how much work goes into the signs, they may not want to lose any sleep over them.

bergerud
05-17-2009, 10:41 PM
I believe the spindle is 3/4" - 20 threads per inch NEF (National Extra Fine). I just bought a tap of this size but it has yet to arrive in the mail.

Pratyeka
05-18-2009, 07:38 AM
I believe the spindle is 3/4" - 20 threads per inch NEF (National Extra Fine). I just bought a tap of this size but it has yet to arrive in the mail.

I second that statement.