PDA

View Full Version : New item for machine wish list

cnc4me
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
It would be nice to have a jog to start location, just like the jog to touch off. I know its not a production machine but I run a few of the same projects and it would sure save time if the machine didnt need to measure each board. I would like to be able to mark my board and jog to that position and have it start cutting from that point. Anybody else think this is a good idea or have a work around to accomplish this.

Thanks

Icutone2
05-14-2009, 10:27 AM
That would be a good operation to save time and use up some leftover pieces of wood.
Lee

www.go3d.us
05-14-2009, 12:00 PM
There is a jog to position option in the machine, it allow you to jog to anywhere on the board, center or edge.
Is it the same as what you are looking for?

Digitalwoodshop
05-14-2009, 03:14 PM
CNC,

Here are some ideas.

AL

Love San Diego.... Lived there 13 years.

HighTechOkie
05-14-2009, 04:28 PM
I think cnc4me is wanting to skip the board measurement routine and just tell the machine where to start on the board. This would cut down on the machine setup time for each project run.

Its like being in 1st grade and the teacher is always checking your work. At some point you move on to more advanced subjects and can confidently execute the basics without supervision. I do feel the board measurement is good for beginners, especially getting a handle of "stay under the rollers". As a more advanced user, it would be nice to turn that off.

The stay under rollers function could still advance the board 3.5", and if during the carve, the rear roller uncompresses, then machine would halt.

Rob

cnc4me
05-15-2009, 07:36 AM
That is exactly what I would like to do, skip the measurement, jog to a marked cross hair and have it start cutting. I remember when this machine first came out there was talk of an advanced software that was going to be sold. Whatever happened to that? Maybe with the advanced version all of these tweaks we all wish for could be in it.

Digitalwoodshop
05-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Forgot to add.... I have files with 1, 2, and 3 bears on them and when I am in clean up mode using shop scraps to make bears I select 1, 2, or 3 depending on the length of the scrap, it wastes less time measuring.

But your right, a jog to a fresh place on the board after it finishes carving without removing the board from the machine would be an ASSET... No new measurement.

A great Time saver.

AL

will george
05-15-2009, 11:07 AM
What about the cover plates just lifting off!

I for one cannot get my machine covers (For access when cleanings.. Which the MFG. Insists upon! In no uncertain terms... Off without ruining the cable connectors? I have no idea how to disconnect them without making my machine useless!

I bet the designers of the machine NEVER had to work on a machine they designed (As it was made and shipped!)! OK, so the boss said you had to do it their way.. I'd say you had no input to anything... The Boss did and maybe the person that had the idea.. I understand that problem...

I ONLY say this because I worked for many years on all sorts of printing equipment.. Like in Millions of dollars!

I was very lucky, My BIG SHOT VP was a Woman.. I could talk to women without upsetting them for some reason. Maybe I learned that from my Mom that would knock me upsided the head if I upset her.. Took me years to learn the 'fine arts' of talking so I did not get hit upside the head.. NO I DO NOT hate my Mom.. She made me a man.. Well, sort of!

And I will ADMIT I go Overboard on occasion (as in always?). I want to FIX or CLEAN it and I cannot get into it!

HighTechOkie
05-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Since you get along so well with women, maybe you should put a dress on it. The machine might be more receptive to you then :mrgreen:

Sorry Will, couldn't resist.

I don't find it that difficult to get the cover off. Remove the screws across the left (motor exhaust side) and one screw on each side on the top (in line with the slot for the flex shaft). Lift the whole cover up about an inch or two and remove the 14 or 16pin plug(depending on which z pack you have) on the back of the z controller. Then you can remove the two slip-on connectors for the motor (ya these could be a bit longer). With the cover off, you can now make you some extension cables so its easier to put back on and take off in the future.

Rob