PDA

View Full Version : Software problem

carrothers
05-13-2009, 10:39 PM
I can not find a way to eliminate the "carve out region" surrounding the artwork that I imported into this design. I want the artwork on the engine and caboose to "start" at the surface of the board and not indent. I turned off the feathering but I can't find any other way to keep it from carving it out. Help. I'll attach the file so maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

fwharris
05-13-2009, 10:53 PM
The "carve out region" you are talking about is in your pattern. It is the background of the image/pattern. When you imported it into designed did you have the window that would let you "raise", "lower" and "floor edges"? If you did try doing the "lower" to remove the background.

carrothers
05-13-2009, 11:16 PM
thanks...I actually "raised" it with two clicks and it disappeared. I really appreciate the help. I had skipped over that screen not knowing what it did. It's not intuitive; but I'm assuming that the raise/lower option pertains to the background or box surrounding the artwork. I'm trying to carve this out for a friend who has a "train day" scheduled Saturday and they have lines a mile long waiting to ride the little trains around about a 3 mile track. Pretty neat. Thanks again for the help. Pete

AskBud
05-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Carrothers,
Your train is much easier than what I had on my Stain Glass project.
I would, rather, use the "V" bit than the Raster (It will save carving time.
Check out the Video on Stain Glass here:
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=89435&postcount=1
AskBud

fwharris
05-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Pete,

Glad you go it to work! Sounds like it will be a fun day. Happy carving! ALL ABOARD!!

Make sure you have down loaded the updated software manual from CW main site...