PDA

View Full Version : Bought a recondidtion carvewright compucarve?

mabco12
05-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Hello all,
I am new to this and am looking for any suggestions with the machine. I am planning on using it in my middle school wood technology classes. I will be looking at carving signs with my students. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and wish me luck??

AskBud
05-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Hello all,
I am new to this and am looking for any suggestions with the machine. I am planning on using it in my middle school wood technology classes. I will be looking at carving signs with my students. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and wish me luck??

I suggest that you purchase "Centerline" as well as the 60 & 90 Degree bits. The fastest signs are made with Centerline.
Your class time will not be long enough to finish most Raster carved signs as many run over 50 minutes.
AskBud

Icutone2
05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Lee

cnsranch
05-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Also, go to Carvewright's website and download and read all the "Tips and Tricks" issues.

Make them all mandatory reading for the students :mrgreen:

Also, Askbud has some terrific videos.

AskBud
05-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Here is the same sign with 3 applications.
AskBud

supershingler
05-13-2009, 04:28 PM
also contact lhr as they now have some teaching aids

might be worth the call

and dont forget you can rely on the forum for most answers and as my shop teacher always said "there are no such thing as dumb questions, only questions that got asked too late"

good luck your students will love the results

kendall

Digitalwoodshop
05-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Welcome and GOOD LUCK !!!

AL