PDA

View Full Version : Carrier SLed

unitedcases
05-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Number 1, I will never cut again unless it is on a carrier sled. It is quieter and it just seems to work better but I have a problem. I loaded the project which is the same as the sled and I added cut lines. However when I load the project it doesnt ask for my cut bit. Any ideas?

mtylerfl
05-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Number 1, I will never cut again unless it is on a carrier sled. It is quieter and it just seems to work better but I have a problem. I loaded the project which is the same as the sled and I added cut lines. However when I load the project it doesnt ask for my cut bit. Any ideas?

Hello,

Upload the mpc (without any commercial patterns on it) and we'll take a peek at it. Did you use the Cutpath Tool (best method), specify proper board thickness, etc. or did you create manual paths with manual tabs (only necessary under very special circumstances)?

Digitalwoodshop
05-09-2009, 01:10 PM
We will be looking to see if you have added the Cut Path to the lines.

Click on the line and then click on the bits to see what bit is assigned to the line.

AL

unitedcases
05-09-2009, 01:47 PM
ok guys, calm down. I went back into it and assigned a bit and it showed up. Good call!

mtylerfl
05-09-2009, 04:14 PM
ok guys, calm down. I went back into it and assigned a bit and it showed up. Good call!

Hi Jeremy,

I looked at your mpc you emailed to me and your layout is perfectly fine. It does not require the CutPath tool since the only thing being cut is just the very end/tip of the part. Very nice job on the layout, and the way you did it with the sled you are using, yields almost NO waste of material and totally makes sense!

NOTE: The mpc cannot be shown in the forum due to a private, proprietary design that Jeremy developed for a specific purpose.

Digitalwoodshop
05-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Good Job !!!!

It's all about asking the right questions.....

Why did it not ask for a bit? You say...

Did you assign a bit to the path..? We say....

Glad you are making productive use of your machine.

AL

chebytrk
05-09-2009, 07:00 PM

Would you mind showing a picture of your carrier sled? I haven't made mine yet and will be doing so real soon. Have you made several differnt sizes to accomodate different size projects? Thanks

unitedcases
05-09-2009, 07:45 PM
My first attempt to upload something!

chebytrk
05-11-2009, 09:14 AM
My first attempt to upload something!

Thanks for the upload. I see (appears) holes in the project board sides ... Was this done to hold the board in place on the sled?

unitedcases
05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I just wasnt comfortable with just gluing it. So I used a pocket hole bit and pocket hole screws to secure everything together. Then I ran some blue painters tape down the center of the outboard pieces for the board sensor for better tracking. Then I loaded up the bottom with masking tape. It is really working well. The machine has less vibration and it is a little quiter it seems. That may just be me thinking too much.