PDA

View Full Version : Down again

mfdchief
05-06-2009, 08:34 AM
After replacing the cut motor magnet retainer and running 2 carves I now am having an issue with the board measurment function. I am running a 48 inch X 2.75 inch trim piece on a 55 inch sled. Both ends are supported beyond the standard table. The length measurement begins and after one pass the full length and on the return pass it stops in the middle and begins jogging back and forth getting faster each jog until I shut down. I have carved this piece twice before with no issues. Any thoughts woud be appreiciated. I am going to try a smaller piece tonight to see if it is somehow related to the long length. Thanks.

Mark

Digitalwoodshop
05-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Your board has lost contact with the brass roller. It might be too thin and is bowing up even when being held by 2 rollers.

I would make a sled with sides the same height as the molding and place the molding on the sled.

AL

mfdchief
05-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Al, Thanks for your responce, I just went to the shop and put some masking tape on the bottom of the sled and tried again and it worked. My sled is actually 1.5 inches thick with .75 being "sides" the same thickness as the moulding (also .75) so it is pretty stiff. I did notice a slight gap in the table height on the front of the machine so I tweeked it also. Bottom line it seems to be working again for now.....must have been morning sickness :-) Thanks again.

Mark

Digitalwoodshop
05-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Mark,

Good Job !!!! And you did mention SLED in your first post... My Bad....

Pictures might be a GOOD Thing as many looking at the machine to buy think it is a GREAT Platform to make Custom Molding.... A BIG Selling Point.... Your setup could point others in the right direction.

AL