PDA

View Full Version : Machine #2 a Used Compucarve

AWoodsmith
05-05-2009, 07:51 PM
OK, I picked up a used Compucarve today and just in time as my CW went down last night during a carve for a customer, I lost the board sensor. Is there anything different between the machines that I need to know or be concerned with? The software should be the same should it not? And I know some of the hardware may be different.

Ed

TWOATLOW8
05-05-2009, 07:56 PM
The only difference between the two machines is the cover one says carvewright one says compucarve. This is the only thing thats different.

Software is from LHR in both machines so you can swap anything you need...

Hope that helps !!

MCGEE2SKINNER
05-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi
I have had both for quite a long time and can see no difference.

JIM

AWoodsmith
05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi
I have had both for quite a long time and can see no difference.

JIM

Cool deal that is what I thought.

Thanks Guys...

TWOATLOW8
05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Make sure if its a refurb tear it apart and clean clean ...

Digitalwoodshop
05-10-2009, 09:49 PM
If you remove the Z Truck, check the screws holding the Z Belt to the Z Truck.

AL

hess
05-13-2009, 09:00 AM
OK, I picked up a used Compucarve today and just in time as my CW went down last night during a carve for a customer, I lost the board sensor. Is there anything different between the machines that I need to know or be concerned with? The software should be the same should it not? And I know some of the hardware may be different.

Ed
I have both new and have had NO problems with the CC.

Many little things right out of the box with the CW But techs have been very helpful

Hess

AWoodsmith
05-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I have both new and have had NO problems with the CC.

Many little things right out of the box with the CW But techs have been very helpful

Hess
Cool deal guys, I have used it and after fixing a minor problem so far it is ok. I am fixing my CW right now it says the back roller is stuck, so I am checking that. Then I have to look at the CC and see why it did not measure correctly the depth with the 60v bit in centerline text, I will keep you posted.