PDA

View Full Version : First project with cut path

Darthmaul1964
05-05-2009, 01:09 PM
This is my first attempt at a project with a cut path. I am guessing that once all the carving is done it will pause and prompt me to insert the 1/8 cutting bit. Is this a correct assumption?

mtylerfl
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
This is my first attempt at a project with a cut path. I am guessing that once all the carving is done it will pause and prompt me to insert the 1/8 cutting bit. Is this a correct assumption?

Yes, you will be prompted. Be SURE to take a few seconds to clean out your QC when doing ANY bit swaps and be sure to verify full seating of the adaptor with a mirror/flashlight - the red marks should be touching/overlapping. Doing so will keep you and your QC "trouble-free"!

fwharris
05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Bob,

Yes I will pause and prompt you to install the 1/8 bit. Cut outs are the last thing to be done. When the machine is going through the set up it will have you install all of the bits that are being used in your project. Each bit will go through the homing sequence of touching the bit plate and finding the top of the board.

Darthmaul1964
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Michael and FWHarris,
Thanks for the confermation to my assumptions. I noticed it went through the homing process with all the bits before it started carving. Kept getting the Cover Open warning but took shop vac to it for a second and seems to be ok now. Must have had some dust in it.

fwharris
05-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Bob,

Glad to help you out!!! Make sure you are getting and reading the tips and tricks newsletters and that you have the latest version of the designer software manual. Both can be found on the main CW site under down loads..

Happy carving...