PDA

View Full Version : Scanning probe for sale

bayea
05-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi all, i have a scanning probe that i have used mabie twice and dont really need it.

I am offering the probe and the software it came with for
$199. plus shipping.

if you are interested send me a email.

Ike
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=bayea;89817]Hi all, i have a scanning probe that i have used mabie twice and dont really need it.

I am offering the probe and the software it came with for
$199. plus shipping.

if you are interested send me a email.[

Not sure if you know, but the software is non-transferable? So if somebody buys your probe, they will need to pay an additional $199.00 for the software.

It happen to me I bought a probe for a $150.00 and found out the member registered the pattern editor and used it. So I had to buy the software.

Ike

bayea
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
are you serious? the software is non transferrable !!!! that sucks, I had no idea.
thanks for letting me know.

TWOATLOW8
05-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Ike is correct. nontransferable....

Do you still want to sell the probe? and if so how much ?

gashawk
05-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Will the software with one prob work with multiples?

AskBud
05-05-2009, 07:09 AM

I would think the answer is YES.
AskBud

Ike
05-05-2009, 05:34 PM
The answer is yes, I bought the pattern editor from LHR and it will work with the probe. The person I bought my probe found out the software was non transferable and was so kind he just gave me the probe!

Ike

Ike
05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
are you serious? the software is non transferrable !!!! that sucks, I had no idea.
thanks for letting me know.

You are welcomed, sorry I just wanted to save you any issues!

ike

TWOATLOW8
05-05-2009, 06:38 PM
do you still want to sell the probe and how much would you want for it if u sell

preetrar73
12-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Thank you all for all the help I am very greatful

Please if you can think of anyother helpful hints on scanning or perserving these photos would be wonderful

Thank you

bjbethke
12-02-2009, 08:03 AM
The software for the probe is the Pattern Editor. The software is not tided to any one probe. You need the license to make it work in you computer. It is used to upload and download the data from your CW memory card.

Chief
12-02-2009, 01:54 PM
BJ,

You've been around a while so I'm going to dump this on you: Do you understand the logic of not allowing OWNERS of the Pattern Editor to give or sell ownership to another. Without the PE, the probe is useless.

Chief

want2b
12-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Logic? ==== $$$$$$$$$$

Want2b

Chief
12-02-2009, 10:11 PM
want2b,

You're probably right. Greed is one of the most powerful emotions. Unfortunately it pops up its ugly head often.

Chief

Ike
12-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Here is another reason maybe no one cares? But the software is also sold separately! Like the bits and bit holder you can't use the bits in a QC with out the bit holders. Yet you are able to buy the bits without the holders and the holders without the bits!

I told you before I bought a probe with used software and the seller was a good guy and gave me the probe and the money back. I had to buy the software and I have never used the probe, but used the pattern editor quite often!

Ike

want2b
12-03-2009, 06:04 AM
If you buy a used machine from that has been registered you can transfer the software. One without the other in either case is worthless, so why not allow a purchaser to resell the probe w/software if not being used.
Want2b

bjbethke
12-04-2009, 12:21 AM
I kind of like dumps, but it is a LHR problem. It is like Photoshop the owners want to keep there incense to an owner controlled commuter. (You could sell your computer. That may work???)... If this guy is trying to sell this program.... he does not have the license to sell it. It would be up to LHR to honor the exchange… It my not hurt to ask LHR to do that, but the person that is selling this may need to convince LHR that the program is destroyed on his computer, :) good luck..

This reply was in reference to post 12.

ScottS
12-05-2009, 12:55 PM
You can however warranty the prob out, If it does not work, and you will get new unopened software and probe and sell that. I did that with one of my probes.

ScottS

Chief
12-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Scott,

Could you please rephrase that? How did you "warranty" the probe out?

Chief

SeaCapt97
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey All,
FYI I have spoken with Adobe about Photoshop and Illustrator and their licenses are transferable. They offer a form which both parties sign transferring ownership from one individual to the other, much like a car title transfer. In the event the previous owner continues to use the old software, it will not accept any updates once license is transferred to new owners. Maybe this might be an example for LHR to consider.