PDA

View Full Version : One last picture frame question.

autobodyman
05-04-2009, 07:24 PM
One more question, if I flip the board over to have it cut the recess for the back of the picture frame will I have any issues with it measuring the board because of the carving on the other side? Do I need to cover the carving with a carrier board or masking tape?
http://www.PhotoShare.co.nz/PhotoShareGallery1/100503/108025/Back5002_S.jpg

Thank you. ~Mike

DocWheeler
05-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Mike,

Depends, if you have the board set in the machine set so the "Y" measurement crosses a carved area, you will need to make it uniform so that the sensor does not get a false "edge". The sensor is only about 1.5" from the left (or rear) roller so if you have the normal 3.5" at the end, it will not cross any carved area (if you position the board-edge just under that roller).

As for the "X" direction, the machine closes its eye until it gets a signal that the roller dropped off the edge, so it does not see the area in the middle of the board.

EDIT: I was assuming that this was a second mpc for the second carve on this side - I didn't read the question well!

locovalley
05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
The CW will carve the rabbit in the back of the project first and then you flip the project and it carves the front, so there should be no measurement issue. I make frames like this regularly without a problem.

Joe

mtylerfl
05-04-2009, 08:52 PM
One more question, if I flip the board over to have it cut the recess for the back of the picture frame will I have any issues with it measuring the board because of the carving on the other side? Do I need to cover the carving with a carrier board or masking tape?

Thank you. ~Mike

Hello Mike,

Have you had the chance to read the Tips & Tricks yet? Many of your questions will be answered in those. For example, your picture frame question about carving the back is answered in Tips & Tricks - ISSUE 17 February 2009 "Basic Picture Frame How-To" (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Feb09.pdf)

I think you'll find the Tips helpful and, hopefully, enjoyable too.