PDA

View Full Version : Flash card issue (126-127)

briansr
05-01-2009, 03:16 PM
i just updated to 1.134 and im having issues with the flash card.. this is my second flash card (i replaced the other one because i was aving similar problems)

im getting error code 126 and 127.. when i try to upload any .mpc file or when i try to flash the card with the latest firmware (though the default reads 1.134 and the installed version reads BAD)

the flash card has never been dropped or abused in any way... i dont wan t to image ill have to buy another one

PCW
05-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Did you try formatting the card in Flash Manager?

briansr
05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
yes.. i tried to format it.. it gave me and error but it did format..
i also tried removing it from the reader, and different usb ports

the error 126/127 allows me to continue doing any task, but when the file is uploading or trying to flash firmware (sometimes near 10%... other times near 50%) i always get an another error and the proccess is interrupted

PCW
05-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Too bad you did not have another card reader to rule that out. Sounds dumb but blow into the open slot of the card reader could have some dust in there. It is basically the same PCMCIA slot that some older laptop use. May help

I also read where Jeff Bert mentioned having trouble with a 1.1 USB port (may not be fast enough). May want try it on a 2.0 USB port.

To bad they don't use a USB micro flash drive or wireless adapter to transfer files. Don't get me started. <smile>

briansr
05-01-2009, 03:59 PM
after several re-insertions im now not reciving the 126/127 error... and was able to flash the latest firmware..... still not able to upload any files..

its behaving randomly and unexpectedly.. very frustrating
my latest attemp on uploading a file failed nearly at 90%

im getting different results while doing the exact same thing...i feel like its going to take a 100 attempts to get it right :mad::evil::-x

i would have expected the latest version to be more stable

briansr
05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Too bad you did not have another card reader to rule that out. Sound dumb but blow into the open slot of the card reader. It is basically the same PCMCIA slot that some older laptop use. May help

i did that nintendo trick a couple of times.. but like i said.. its giving me random results.. i dont see a pattern

i dont understand why the would use PCMCIA, even though the machines were made a couple years ago, USB has been standar way longer than that and PCMCIA its been obsolete since

PCW
05-01-2009, 04:03 PM
I also read where Jeff Bert mentioned having trouble with a 1.1 USB port (may not be fast enough). May want try it on a 2.0 USB port if a option.

briansr
05-01-2009, 04:05 PM
im using usb 2.0...so i dont think thats the problem

update.. im getting the 126/127 and now 8 error again
this is driving me nuts

also... the installed firmware version went back to BAD.. but i flashed 1.134 again without any issues

PCW
05-01-2009, 04:11 PM
I would give tech support a call. They are very good and maybe able to pinpoint it to the reader.

1-800-573-1226

press 3 for software / activation code

briansr
05-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I would give tech support a call. They are very good and maybe able to pinpoint it to the reader.

1-800-573-1226

press 3 for software / activation code

whats up with that 2.99 a minute hang up now if your under 18... sounds like a hot-line.. hahahah

PCW
05-01-2009, 04:33 PM
I just called the number and got a prompt to leave a message. No prompt to enter change. Maybe you got the psychic hot-line by mistake.

Digitalwoodshop
05-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I just called too and everything is normal.....

When I was working at Sony in the Service Center my family had the Sony Web TV's. They had a help number 1-800-gowebtv for help. I just called it and it is for MSN Tv or possibly something Sony is doing now.

BUT.... If you call 1-800-g0webtv using the ZERO rather than the "O" or #6 Key you get an adult line.... Just called it and it answers with female heavy breathing....

Can you imagine a scene with an elderly couple with the speaker phone fired up to call WEB TV or MSN help only to get Heavy Breathing....

That other number is also active... 1-800-EAT-***T And yes.... another heavy breathing.....

AL

briansr
05-02-2009, 10:54 AM
does anyone knows if i could plug the card directly to my PCMCIA reader on my laptop? .. has anyone done this before, is it possible?

when i pluged it in my computer recognized the card as a generic "PCMCIA MTD 0002" but i cant seem to find the driver for it..

anyone?

PCW
05-02-2009, 11:05 AM
It may fit in the slot but they both are going to be speaking different languages and there is no translator in the house. 99.9 % no

Jim I
05-10-2009, 12:35 PM
New user to this site.

I have had my Sears CompuCarve for about a year. It works great!

I am having a very similar issue. Everything was working just fine until I downloaded Ver 1.134 Build 7316. When I try to save a project, the reader sees that I have 1.133 and says it will update the firmware. It gets to about 12% and then displays an error code 126.

I already tried a format of the card. I get the same error.

I can upload the design with no problem, so I do not think there is a problem with the card or the reader. I just can't get the new firmware to upload.

Any ideas? I already sent a support e-mail, but I figured it would not hurt to ask the experts!!!

Thanks.