PDA

View Full Version : Info about Designer refresh of video.

will george
04-30-2009, 05:46 PM
First off I want to say that I will mention two video cards. What I say is NOT a negative/positive to either Mfg. I use Nvidia and ATI on my more than several computers. Some old, some sort of new.

The computer I use mostly has a ATI Radeon E'Cheapo X1600 that I never have problems when running any of my programs. I am not a 'gamer' so I do not know about how it performs with games and such. I have had this computer for several years and I think it is great. It originaly had a Nvidia and I replaced it with a ATI Radeon X1600 I had. Only because I had better performance (from my point of view) when using Photoshop and such.

On this machine I installed the CarveWright software. I believe I posted in here once about I was having problems with the screen refresh when using the Designer. When making some changes, the 'new' image would not refresh.
I usually had to Minimize the window and then Maximize it to see the new results. Lets just say it drove me NUTS!

I installed one of my old Nvidia GeForce (6200 I think) and the problem went away.

Not knocking either video board OR the Carvewright software. 'STUFF HAPPENS', especially with puters..

Just intended to provide Info. to all that may have a similar problem.

Have a GREAT DAY!