PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Limit

Darthmaul1964
04-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I have been going crazy finding and saving patterns in the user forum. Some really great stuff. But I started to wonder if there is a limit to the number of patters you can save. Anyone know?

mtylerfl
04-30-2009, 02:09 PM
I have been going crazy finding and saving patterns in the user forum. Some really great stuff. But I started to wonder if there is a limit to the number of patters you can save. Anyone know?

Hello Bob,

As far as I know, there is no limit to the number of patterns that can be added to your library. However, be aware that factors such as how much RAM your system has, how many programs you are running at the same time, all affect system performance. Older computers with less than 1GB RAM will suffer most, according to LHR...

"A large Pattern Library can slow down the startup of Designer. Designer reads all the patterns and indexes them on startup, so if there are many patterns it could slow that process down a bit. It stores all the patterns in memory so they can be previewed and called up instantly."

I guess the "moral of the story" is, only import those patterns into the Designer Library you think you will need on a regular basis - save less used patterns in folders outside of Designer, and import those only when you need them.

Darthmaul1964
04-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Mike,
Thanks for the input and advice.