PDA

View Full Version : What tools and/or wrenches are necessary to perform repair tasks

Brian
04-29-2009, 06:35 PM
I have had a couple of problems with my machine and require an additional wrench each time. Is there a list of necessary tools to perform any repair and is there a company where they can be purchased other than CarveWright.:confused:

PCW
04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Yes there is a person named Ron Justice who sells tools for the CW machine. He is working on a web site so for right now you will have to email him at cw_parts@yahoo.com

1/8 (.125) cut out bit - $25 (this tool replaces the cutout bit that came with your machine. You need the 1/8 bit adapter for this tool)

1/8 (.125) long reach ball cutter - $25

3/32 (.093) long reach ball cutter - $25

1/16 (.062) long reach ball cutter - $25

3/64 (.047) long reach ball cutter - $28

1/32 (.031) long reach ball cutter - $30

1/8 – 60 degree V – $20 (nice for small centerline engraved lettering causes slightly deeper text) I have a few combo tools with a bonus cutter on the other end $30 (save $10) These tools come to a dead sharp point for very fine work!

1/8 – 90 degree V - $20 (nice for small centerline engraved text – shallower than the 60 deg bit) I have a few combo tools with a bonus cutter on the other end $30 (save $10) These tools come to a dead sharp point for very fine work!

QuickChuck removal tool w/ thin wrench - $26 – Includes square tool, plus a thin wrench which is a longer wrench that holds itself in place during usage – makes it much easier) Very detailed instructions are also included.

Z-Truck adjustment Thin Wrench – $13 Used to adjust your bearings on the “Z” truck.

Spare screw kit - $5 ( These screws are much more robust than the stock screws that came with your stock bit adapters. This includes 2 screws for 1/8 adapter and also fit your existing ¼ adapters takes a different Allen wrench listed above…)

BLUE Threadlock -$6 (Loctite) - used on bit adapter screws, and the QuickChuck when replacing)

Infrared Thermometer - $32 (used to check flex cable temps and know when to re-lube)

Heat gun - $39 (used to break down the Loctite when removing the QuickChuck)