PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned from "Askbud"

Digitalwoodshop
04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
I was waiting for a sign to finish cutting last night and had some time to kill. So I clicked on AskBud's website.

WOW... I learned a few tricks in a very short time....

1. How to make a radius or rounded corners on a square box.... I drew them by hand for a project a while back... This was 10 times faster and more consistent.

2. I learned if you click on the Paper Clip on the Pattern Thread you get a list of the patterns... Never knew that.... Looking through 1100 posts trying to find that Heart you saw 6 months ago just became easy....

As I get time I will review each entry as there is more than one way to do something in designer and I may not be doing the easiest way....

Thanks AskBud,

AL

mtylerfl
04-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes, AskBud is a terrific resource, for sure. Some of us tend to take certain features for granted, thinking "everyone" already knows what we know. AskBud has the ability to return to the basics and help make things clear for everyone - newbie or not!

Thanks AskBud!

AskBud
04-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the bravo(s).
AskBud

fwharris
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Bud,

You know you are doing good when you get the thumbs up from the masters!

DocWheeler
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I would like to add my thanks as well, good job Bud!

Digitalwoodshop
04-29-2009, 01:11 PM
I am and always be a Hardware guy into the mechanics of it... I have SO much to learn with the software side.

Thanks AskBud,

AL

gwiz
04-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Bud, Many Kudos to ya. I have used your tips for a long time.

The one about the paperclip just amazed me. Now I have a new way to find patterns and such...

Super Thanks to ya!

Old Salt
04-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Your tips are always great and on target.
Thanks for your time.
We all learn from you new or old hat.

Gary

PCW
04-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Bud

As always you have my respect and appreciation for the time and effort that you put into helping others. What would we do without you as well as the others here who guide us through the CW learning path. My hat is off to all of you.