PDA

View Full Version : Need Mona Lisa

GaryW
04-27-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm in need of MonaLisa/ I have a music box that sounds like Nat King Cole's Mona Lisa song, now if I just had a pattern. I could make a present for my Mona Lisa.:roll:
Anyone seen anything like that ???

mtylerfl
04-27-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm in need of MonaLisa/ I have a music box that sounds like Nat King Cole's Mona Lisa song, now if I just had a pattern. I could make a present for my Mona Lisa.:roll:

I haven't seen one, but it's been on my own ta-do list for over a year (as well as other DaVinci items!). 2½D portraits of something as famous and recognizable as the Mona Lisa painting really needs to be a very faithful reproduction - could be quite time consuming to model properly in a low relief that would carve well on wood.

A great alternative would be to do a lithophane version using an excellent quality photo. Of course, you need a backlit box/frame (or sunny window or lampshade, etc.) for it to show up, but could be impressive!

Digitalwoodshop
04-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Ike will post one.....

He is "The MAN"....

AL

bjbethke
04-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Will mona's smile work?

hess
04-28-2009, 04:09 PM
here is a pic

jpaluck
04-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I agree with Michael. This would not be an easy quick pattern for a good releif carving. I have been dabbling in portraits and feel I am not even close. I could see the time it would take an the artistic sculpting talent to get a really good replica. might try bugging some of my zbrush friends on pixologic LOL

Ike
04-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Ike will post one.....

He is "The MAN"....

AL

Well Al put me on the spot, so here is my attempt!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
04-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Good job.... Your "The MAN"... IKE.

AL

GaryW
04-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Thank you
I'll post a photo & .mpc of my present when I finish.

GaryW :rool:

ajk
05-05-2009, 07:04 AM
I Found This

GrammaPam
05-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi,
Just last week I saw Ken M had a great stained glass pattern of Mona Lisa. The carving was great and the coloring was really great. Look it up under search "Mona Lisa"
Good Luck
G.P.