PDA

View Full Version : Will the good folks here take a look at these MPC's for me

Lin
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
I am setting up to carve a four piece two-side sign for my SIL. She has prepares taxes and wants to "hang her shingle" so to speak. My orginal plan was to try out the Modern text in outline using the 3/8" cutting bit like AL did but my SIL decide on Black CHancery CL text.
I'm attaching couple pics from screen shots in the software to show what it will sorta look like from the from what all four piece together (I did black out her phone number on the pics)and also am attaching the 4 mpc files. The MPC with the phone number is not her phone number thou...lol
I did screw up on the first one...Ea$y Tax and set it up backwards but being two sided it won't make any difference when its done. Please look at these and tell me if they are right...I did what I think was the right way to attach and line up the fronts and the back and hopefully have put the carved lines on the sides and top and bottom pieces right. I havent' done much drawing in the software...so not sure I have done this the right way.
Thanks for any and all help.
Lin

Dan-Woodman
04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Lin
Your sign looks great.
When your sign is the same on both sides, you don't nessacarly have to set up the back .
Whatever is easier for you,you can just flip each board "end for end" and run the same program again.
later Daniel

Lin
04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Dan, Boy talk about feeling "blonde"...lol
I didn't even think about that...end for end...I guess that would work wouldn't it. The only other problems I'm forseeing and not sure if it will make the cuts are the lines coming off the boards towards Y zero or will I have issues cause I want the cuts right up on the side?
Have never tried anything like those lines cuts coming off the boards...I ahvent' tried to upload then yet so not even sure if it will upload.
Thanks for looking Dan and for the easy way for the back of these.
Lin

Dan-Woodman
04-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Lin
Every time you load a piece of wood, it will measure ,etc. Make sure your boards are the final length you want,cause you won't be able to cut some off and expect them to line up the v-groove. If they are the finished length, then the machine will measure all the front boards from the same end, and all the back boards from the opposite end, but all the same opposite end. In other words , the machine always measures the boards from the left side of the keypad.
good luck and have fun. Daniel