PDA

View Full Version : VERTICAL LOCKUP

rmacke
02-25-2006, 03:02 PM
The right-hand head screw is the threaded rod, on right hand side of machine. There is a hole in the threaded rod. It's right above the sandpaper traction rollers.
I had problem finding this hole --hope this helps someone...
rmacke

yenne
02-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Just a quick note about what Mr. Macke is referring to: if the head is rolled all the way to the top, it can get stuck because the handle is clutched going in the other direction. To resolve this situation, there is a through-hole in one of the threaded head rods. Insert a nail or an allen wrench, give a twist, and you can release the head enough for the handle to start working again.

The head can also bind up due to thermal contraction if the machine is left below its operational temperature range for some period of time, like overnight in a garage during near-freezing weather. In this case it is possible to roll the head upward, but the clutch will not allow it to roll downward. Simply allow the machine to return to its operational temperature (60F-100F) and the problem will be resolved.

hartwoods
03-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Well be careful I was twiting mine and must have snapped roll pin in gear .
The handle just spins when turned .My stupidity ... regards Don

soomro
03-31-2006, 11:53 PM
My deepest thanks for your tip. I just locked mine and spent about an hour trying to find the hole or the screw. You just saved my weekend.

Thanks
Munawar