PDA

View Full Version : Keep Multi Lines Text Size

dvel56
04-24-2009, 07:05 PM
I am working on a placque with a prayer on it

It has multi lines of text on it.
How do we keep the text hieght consitant on every line?

What I mean is when a line of text has (4) words it is one hgt.
then if the next line has (7) words it is another hgt.

I want it all the same height no matter how many words are in the sentence

Dvel

DocWheeler
04-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Dvel,

This has been brought up before and someone gave a link to a screen add-in pixel ruler.

Another option is to blow it up on your screen, pick a letter that you like the height of and draw a vertical line the height of the letter. Then move that line to other text and adjust it until it is the same as the line.

You could use the height shown at the top of the screen for most fonts although Capitals and characters with extensions could vary (does a "y" go down as far as an "h" go up?).

Think like an artist rather than an engineer!

AskBud
04-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Here is a test I just did, using part of Doc's post, and my reply at the bottom.
This is how part of Doc's post read before my test:
You could use the height shown at the top of the screen for most fonts although Capitals and characters with extensions could vary (does a "y" go down as far as an "h" go up?).
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
04-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Just select the sentence and type in the text height. Boom... done...

Make each sentence a separate entry on the board. You can grab the text end and sometimes stretch it slightly to make it look more uniform. Don't like the results... use UNDO...

AL

wasacop75
04-27-2009, 09:12 PM
How about snap to grid or put grid lines on the carving. It may not be exactly perfect, but the letter height can be close.

dvel56
04-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Where do you find "Text height" ?

All I see when I pick the sentence is size x in.
and if the sentence is 2" the text is .236 and when the sentence is 4" the text is .380
if I change the size it disorts the sentence.