PDA

View Full Version : Not from my CW but I love this piece of wood

Lin
04-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Wedding for a friend coming up this Saturday so I made a plaque with my scrollsaw. I haven't gotten my CW out into my shop yet..the nice weather is just starting up here in Michigan. I still don't know what species of wood this is that I used for a backer. (think it is spalted pecan but might be spalted birch) I know it has some the spalt and mineral lines in it and some little holes from worms and I'm thinking even barb wire at one time or another that made small holes. I just know that when I used dannish oil on it...I said WOW...
The maple dove and lettering is just a small compliment to the gorgeous piece of backer wood. I know this will one is a one of a kind and will be treasured for many years.
Lin

Icutone2
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Cool wood! Is it teak?

Digitalwoodshop
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Very nice hand work... Excellent Design.

AL

cnsranch
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Lin - just checked out your site - very nice work!

Lin
04-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the kudos for the plaque. I don't think the backer is teak. I have some spalted maple, birch and pecan hat I have gotten my hands on over the past couple years and not sure which this piece is from. Ya know age creeps up and CRS sets in....lol
I do know I wish I had more than just a couple small pieces of the species I used on this piece.
Jerry....thanks for visiting my site.
Lin

RayTrek
05-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Lin
Love how you use nature’s beauty and your creativity in making masterpieces.
Ray