PDA

View Full Version : pics with other bits used

lostinthefrost
04-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Does anyone have any pics of projects with ogee bits or roundovers on them? I am looking at purchasing them and want to see which I will use more

supershingler
04-22-2009, 10:11 PM
in my opinion if you own a router do your edge routing with it or on a router table.

i bought the complete set of bits and have only used the 60 and 90 degree v bits for sign making.

any woodworking supply stores shoud have profiles of both if you want to see what they look like

good luck and happy carving
kendall

Rocky
04-23-2009, 03:51 AM
in my opinion if you own a router do your edge routing with it or on a router table.

i bought the complete set of bits and have only used the 60 and 90 degree v bits for sign making.

any woodworking supply stores shoud have profiles of both if you want to see what they look like

good luck and happy carving
kendall

My thoughts/experience exactly.

want2b
04-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Second that(third?), anyway, if still under warranty I wouldn't want to use machine time doing something another tool can do. If out of warranty I still wouldn't put any wear on the machine for work another can do. Just personal perspective.
Rick H.

bjbethke
04-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Does anyone have any pics of projects with ogee bits or roundovers on them? I am looking at purchasing them and want to see which I will use more
I find them very useful; you can use them for oval plaques and house numbers, picture frames. I always edge route with my router table.

bjbethke
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
I also use another type of round over bit to make moldings. It works great for beading, like three beads down the center of the trim. All bits need to be the plunge type. LHR may make you pay for repairs by using other bits. I now own my CW unit and would need to pay for my repairs any way.

I also have tried other bit types; large bits do load the CW unit down. I use ½ inch shanks, they are more stable.

ajk
04-23-2009, 07:17 PM
we bought the set for the machine and is coming good. we are making some project with it and really was good