PDA

View Full Version : Idea and uses for this machine

Steve
02-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi all - I am very close to buying one also... AS I go through my purchase decision, I am trying to come up with projects that would sell (the only way I can justify).

So, for me, it seems the sign business is a no brainer - what else do people envision doing with this very cool tool? One thought I had was to create custom fire place mantles - what else???

Give me a push over the edge!

rmacke
02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
I haven't got my machine yet... But I told several people about it. I plan on selling customize plaques to co-workers, with kids pictures on them. If the end produdt looks as good as the software portrays...I'll have several sold.
rmacke

Ron Smith
02-21-2006, 04:29 PM
A fellow I know does custom cabinet work and we've discussed doing panels, rails and stiles for the doors of cabinets he installs, being limited by the width available on the machine. We're going to try the fine engraving, such as diplomas and invitations also. With a small bit, it should do a good job. I think the possibilities are pretty good to expand once we get the hang of it. We'll be sure and keep people posted, once it shows up.

don
02-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Also interested in any ideas for uses for the machine.

One thing that I think may look kind of neat is inlay on chests etc. Specifically, carving out a recessed pattern on the chest, and filling it with the liquid fillers that harden, and or using melted sulphur like they did in the past.

I have seen some patterns that called for this sort of thing, and believe that instead of trying to hand carve or scratch out the recesses, that the computer and the CarveWright would do it better and certainly a lot easier.

zack
02-27-2006, 08:05 PM
just ordered mine today. Think I will be trying signs, diplomas and molding. check out the prices on this molding. http://www.enkeboll.com/products/index.php?cat_id=MLD
some at $100 p/ft. with the art that is in the program the combinations are endless.

RobertP
02-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Hello All! According to Fedex mine should arrive today, I seen this at the woodworking show here in KC a few weeks ago and knew I had to have it. The ideas are endless with this machine, cant wait to get started. :)

Ron Smith
02-28-2006, 07:33 AM
according to Federal Express ... mine was picked up in Houston yesterday and I should get it tomorrow. Looks like there's some learning curve to it, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm currently in between jobs (old one ends today and the new one starts on the 13th) so I have a couple of free weeks to experiment. I'll keep everyone posted.

Dan-Woodman
03-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks to everyone for there replys.
Here is a simple idea to play with, maybe for a first project.
LETS MAKE A POCKET HOLE. Pick a board,click on drawing, line segment tool,click on board,drag line 2 1/2 to 3", click,right click on line and select bit 3/8 ,then set depth of cut to 7/16 ,ok,click on (select depth profile)
mine is two over from the drill picture,click on 2nd.from bottom on right.
this is a feather profile. There you have it , a really good looking pocket hole.
you really don't need a pilot hole in the end if you use self taping screws.
Now I have some questions. Whats the 1/4" x 1 1/2" dia slot cutter for?
I havn't seen any uses for it . It would be good for making spline joints in the edge of a board or biscut joints but how do you tell it to cut in the edge of the board?
Now another question. When you open the lid,to the left is a plug in connector and two threaded holes on the platform. Is this for furture assesorys? all for now thanks Daniel

yenne
03-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Whats the 1/4" x 1 1/2" dia slot cutter for?
Ultimately we plan to support edge features such as slots and biscuit joints. No firm time frame yet on when these will be available through the software, so we are not taking orders for them yet. In fact, they'll probably be removed from the bits page soon.

When you open the lid,to the left is a plug in connector and two threaded holes on the platform. Is this for furture assesorys? all for now thanks Daniel
You are correct -- those are for future accessories, as is the D-connector on the back of the machine.