PDA

View Full Version : Repeats

leroy
04-21-2009, 05:35 PM
It it possible to repeat a project without the mahine going through all the settup each time. I need to make 20 copies of a simple project and it be a lot faster without going through all the setup each time.

Dhaffner
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I know this isn't the kind of answer you probably want..but I can't tell you how many times having the machine go through the setup procedure has helped catch potential issues, even when I was running multiples of something. Yes, I know it seems like a "pain"....but in the big picture it's not adding that much and potentially saving a bunch on broken bits, etc.

wasacop75
08-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Can you put more than one project on a board? do you have the supports to assist with the extra length?

That would be one way to stop the setup every carve.

Steven Alford
08-10-2009, 08:29 PM
You can only run one project at a time. You could leave the extra long board in and then run another project behind the first but you would have to tell to to jog to position and have to put up with a lot of dust in the machine from the first carve. You will still have to run through the set up routine so I don't think you are saving any time. All in all, I think this would be more of a pain and a chance for a lot of mistakes.