PDA

View Full Version : sears service

ajk
04-20-2009, 04:22 PM
I Bought My Machine One Month Ago . It's Broke. I Pay For Contract And Service In Home. The Report Of The Technician Was To Change The Machine. Today I Receive My Machine. Plus Is Craftman Week And We Receive Rebate In Tools And $$$. Start Carving :d

PCW
04-20-2009, 04:40 PM
ajk

I am very happy for you and hope you have good luck in the future.

Wilbur
04-21-2009, 07:15 AM
I did not know they had in home service for the CW. I have the 5 yr in shop. The in home service must be for locations near there shop.
I got one coming Friday.
Happy you got good service in a short time.

Wilbur

ajk
04-21-2009, 08:05 AM
In puerto Rico all is near. But took almost a month. Now they are not going to have in stock the machine and they have to order.

Wilbur
04-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Good to hear of someone in Puerto Rico. I lived there for two yr. from 1959/1961 at Ramey Air Force Base.
I know back then, sometimes it was hard getting some things down there.
Have membranous thoughts of PR.

Wilbur

ajk
04-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Good to hear of someone in Puerto Rico. I lived there for two yr. from 1959/1961 at Ramey Air Force Base.
I know back then, sometimes it was hard getting some things down there.
Have membranous thoughts of PR.

Wilbur

YOUR RIGHT. IT IS NOT BETTER NOW. PROBABLY I THINK THAT I MET THE CORRECT EMPLOYEE, LUCK AND FEITH. THEN YOU LIVE IN CEIBA.

Wilbur
04-22-2009, 08:00 AM
ajk
I was at Aguadilla.
I am looking for My Compucarve to be here Friday. My luck something will happen.
I have some projects I want to do.

Wilbur

chebytrk
04-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I lived in Carolina for 3 years. Used to go to Rosey Roads and Ft. Buchanan alot.

Wilbur
04-24-2009, 07:40 AM
I don't know where that is. Carolina or Rosey Roads and Ft. Buchanan. I guess that was ap around San Juan.

Check below for pictures.
http://www.angelfire.com/sc/candlemaker/Ramey.html

Wilbur

chebytrk
04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Yup..... Carolina is next to San Juan. Can see it from the Airport. Rosey Roads is Roosevelt Roads Naval Base (close to Fajardo) and Ft. Buchanan (US Army) is in San Juan.

Wilbur
04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Ok, I know where you are talking about now. I went to San Juan a few times but never there.
I got my Compucarve in today. I got it set up and ready to carve tomorrow on a 12 hr carving.

Wilbur

ajk
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Ok, I know where you are talking about now. I went to San Juan a few times but never there.
I got my Compucarve in today. I got it set up and ready to carve tomorrow on a 12 hr carving.

Wilbur

all of you know carolina because part of isla verde, pinones and the airport are in carolina. where those both of you live now. oh aguadilla is very beautiful.:cool: i hope that you receive the machine and can continue carving

Wilbur
04-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Got the machine in yesterday and carved all day today. Worked very good.

Wilbur

Wilbur
04-26-2009, 08:45 AM
First carving with new Compucarve.

FINGERS
04-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Came out nice wilbur, now the fun part the finish work post a pic when your done.

Wilbur
04-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks

The carving is as good as I could expect.
I am only use to clear Poly when it comes to finishing chest and swings.
Any suggesting on how you would do this?
I am wide open for any help.

Wilbur

I have a picture frame going now, two sides. Will be my first for two sides.

PCW
04-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Wilbur

That's great love the red cedar. That is what it is isn't it.

Wilbur
04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Yea it is cedar. I have a lot of scrap from building cedar swings and chest. I will use some spray poly and that will really bring the color out.
I did a picture frame today and it turned out very good for a two side carving.
I needed to lub the flex cable. It was running hotter than my other CW ever did. plus the QC was hot. Just two carvings. I hope this cools things down some.

Wilbur

b.sumner47
04-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi Wilbur, your carvings came out great.Wish we could get the cedar like you do.It's a beatiful wood. Capt Barry

Wilbur
04-27-2009, 06:39 AM
Thanks. I think it turned out good and for a match on both sides I was very happy.

What size cedar do you want? I may be able to help you on that. I get mine from the sawmill so I have to plain it all down to 3/4" thick. You would have to square up the edges if you wanted to glue.

E-mail me if you are interested at wlginn@embarqmail.com

Wilbur