PDA

View Full Version : Sotware Error

Matty
02-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Having trouble running CarveWright on a PC The Machine is a sony Pentium4 with 512 meg standard memory and 1 GB extended memory . The software installs ok but when I launch the program. I get a gui.exe error. ? Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Also what is the recommended requirements for this software?

02-17-2006, 09:09 PM
For the software you need to be running Win 2000 or better,70 Mb of free HD Space is ok, as for the ram, you should be able to get away with 128, but of course the more the merrier

As for your error, its something I have not seen before. I have a Sony Vio with 1gb of memory and have tested out the demo version and have not had that problem. I would suggest un installing completly and then trying to reinstall the program first off, if that doesn't work, shot us an e-mail and i'll have someone look at that.

rmacke
02-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Here is a site with a removal download--- click on it or copy and paste
to address bar..... It tells about it and what to do..

http://www.2-spyware.com/file-gui.exe.html

Hope this helps.
rmacke

02-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the replys. Have tried everythinh but still have not been able to solve this problem.

02-20-2006, 10:29 AM
The software installs ok but when I launch the program. I get a gui.exe error. ?
It sounds like you have the requirements for the software. What's probably happening is you're hitting a system font problem that was introduced in version 1.022 of the software. Do you know which version you're running? It'll say on the splash screen as the program starts up.

If it's 1.022, please send me an e-mail at yenne@lhrtech.com and I'll give you a link where you can download the previous version as a workaround until we get the next release out within the next seven days or so.

cheers,
-britt

02-20-2006, 11:28 PM
The version is 1.022 , Ill just waite for the next release as I have installed the software on another pc and all is ok