PDA

View Full Version : Probe trouble

flemingswoodworks
04-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Hello I tryed to use my probe today and all I got was "Please load and plug in the probe attachment" it was already pluged in...I took it out and repluged it in several time and had the same thing over and over..I also pluged in another probe and still the same trouble...I've used these probes several times and never had any problems...any suggestions on what to try...
Thanks Will

AskBud
04-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Off hand, I would say that the card has lost a file for the probe. That is what I gather from the "Please Load" portion. The "Plug in" may come from the selection you use to tell the machine where the Probe is connected (Truck, or Cover).
AskBud

flemingswoodworks
04-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I formated my card and updated my software I was till having trouble after a while they both started to work but would only do about 18% of the scan before getting s error..I'm woundering if i have to open the router up and lean the plug connection..maybe dust packed in on the connection?

AskBud
04-20-2009, 11:26 AM
I would contact LHR first.
AskBud

flemingswoodworks
04-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok here is what I noticed so far...the plug plugs in rite by the chuck..when I plug it in all the way I get nothing...when I put it in a little bit it works as it should until it starts to scan and the connection breaks but once you plug it in all the way back to nothing

mtylerfl
04-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Ok here is what I noticed so far...the plug plugs in rite by the chuck..when I plug it in all the way I get nothing...when I put it in a little bit it works as it should until it starts to scan and the connection breaks but once you plug it in all the way back to nothing

Did you contact Tech Support yet? Perhaps they have some experience with this that might be helpful for you.

flemingswoodworks
04-21-2009, 05:48 PM
no I didn't try them yet ..my machine is out of any warranties it may of had
I didn't know if they would help

atauer
04-21-2009, 05:51 PM
no I didn't try them yet ..my machine is out of any warranties it may of had
I didn't know if they would help

We help whether you are in warranty, out of warranty, in your car, in a boat, etc., etc., etc...

What I am trying to say is that we are always here to help in situations like this. Just call our support team and we will get you taken care of.

TerryT
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM

Sounds like you have the old Z bundle. LHR does not support the probe plug in on the spindle. You need the new z bundle to plug into the side of the cover on the key pad side. The circuit board behind the spindle (that you are pluging into) is broken.

flemingswoodworks
04-21-2009, 07:59 PM
about how much does the z bundle cost

TerryT
04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
I bought one a few months ago and it was around $40 plus shipping. It may have gone up a little since then.