PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) issues

mfdchief
04-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Today I noticed that every time I start a new piece I get a "check cut motor" message and press Enter to continue. Everything works after pressing Enter, that is issue number 1.

With the carve I am currently doing, (which I have done before with no issues), when I open the cover to vacuum it out, the motor stops but the Ztruck keeps moving accross the piece. The sand paper belts do not move however. When I close the cover the motor resumes and keeps going.

Any ideas?? Thanks

Mark

www.go3d.us
04-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Problem number one is probably the magnet that keep track of the motor running got lose.
Problem number two I have no idea. I'll leave it to the experts on here.
HT

fwharris
04-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Mark,

For the cut motor issue take a look at these:
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=4274&highlight=magnet+retainer

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=6765&highlight=magnet+retainer

If your problem is the magnet retainer, it was $5.00 plus shipping. Easy enough to check also.

Your door issue, Always use the "stop" button to "pause" a carve and only push it 1 time. The stop button sends a different signal to the computer vs. opening the door. It has been reported that constant use of the door to stop the carving has caused some electrical issues as well. Your problem is related to the door switch on the key board end of the machine.

When you close the door do you have to step through a series of prompts to restart or does it just take off on its own?

want2b
04-18-2009, 07:13 PM
The concensus on this forum has been that you should use the stop button to pause the machine for whatever reason. There are 2 switches activated by the lid and if one fails there could be physical injuries or problems with your carve by using the lid to stop the carve. Sounds like one of the switches has failed and you need to troubleshoot that, my take is I only lift the lid in a panic situation and hope it saves whatever. Imagine you've lifted the lid and are reaching in for some reason and the carver starts up!.
Good luck, Rick H.

mfdchief
04-18-2009, 09:21 PM
I did see the post about the magnet after I asked my question and will have to check that out.

On the other issue I guess my "rookieness" showed big time. I was afraid to push stop in fear I would have to start over. The motor takes off when I close the door, no keypad action necessary. I will pop the hood tomorrow and check things out. Are the door switches owner serviceable?

Thanks for all the replies. When I retire in a couple of years maybe I will have this thing figured out.

Mark