PDA

View Full Version : Drill Tool

Matty
02-17-2006, 07:48 PM
I have a project that requires a large number of holes to be drilled , the holes will be in groups of 12
After setting up a group of 12 holes is it possible to group them and then copy and past then nudge or drag the copy to another position. So far I have not been able to do this.

yenne
02-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Hello! You should be able to create some number of holes, select them all, then copy and paste to create copies of them all. The copies, while selected, may be dragged together or nudged in 0.01" increments with the arrow keys. Is this not working in your software?

Matty
02-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the reply,
I am able to select, copy and nudged but unable to drag the drill holes as a group. They will drag as singles but not as group.

lpcsales
02-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Open the Carving list...right click on the group you want to move and select ..'Select all in Group' from the menu that pops up. Now you will be able to move the objects as one object.
Alternatively, you can Ctrl-LClick each object and move them as one object too.
..or you can select the objects by collectively drawing a selection area with the arrow tool around all of the objects you want to move.
Unfortunately...grouped objects don't behave as a group entity...meaning, even though they are grouped, you can still select the individual objects and manipulate them seperately...unlike in CorelDraw for instance, where any objects that are grouped are treated as one object, until they are ungrouped.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Waiting on my unit....hopefully 1st to 2nd week of March.

yenne
02-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Another thing that might be happening here is, depending on the size of the holes, you might be clicking on the red vertex that indicates one of the holes. Clicking and dragging a vertex will move only that vertex (and hence only that single hole), whereas clicking within the area of a carving (but not on a vertex) will drag that carving and all other selected carvings.

You can tell the difference by looking at your mouse cursor. If you see the pointing hand, you're over a vertex. If you see the four-way arrows, you're over a selected area and can drag them all. Holes are unique in that they can be small enough to be obscured partially or completely by their vertex -- you might have to zoom in to grab the correct area.

yenne
02-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Yet another option is to create a single hole or row of holes, then select them all and choose the Copy Offset function from the Layout menu. This allows you to make multiple offset copies of a set of figures, where any changes to one of them will be reflected in all.

After the offset copy has been performed, individual copies may be manually selected and deleted if there are areas where holes should not be drilled.

Matty
02-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the info Yenne, You were right the problem was that I have holesat 0.125 and was clicking on the red vertex as it was over the hols after zooming in I was able to see the holes and then drag them all.
:lol: thanks again