PDA

View Full Version : CW help

rhglassdr
04-18-2009, 02:27 PM
I have had my challanges with my cw, and had just about give up on it and was going to sell it. Then I was at the local wood working show in Charlotte NC I spoke to the cw very helpful rep and he conviced me to give it another try. I was not able to use the cut out feature at all with out breaking bits, and after 4 cutting bits 3 qc's and yes I search and followed all the recommendations, clean and oiled qc, no bb marks on adapter, snapping the qc to remove impacted saw dust. There was to much play in the QC and bit, so the only way knew to get an answer was to send the spindle, QC, bit adapter,bit and roller bearings to LHR. I must assume that they found it to be bad because they sent me a new one, but they didnt send me all the rollor bearings only the fixed sided, and no carving bit and adapter. After a quick call back to LHR I spoke with Omar who has always been so helpful, a new bit and adapter and bearings were on the way. I don't know what they have changed in the Qc but I have never had one that work like this new one, it has no movement and it locks solid! I was ready to give up on this machine, but because of the help of the forum and the excellent staff Im back up and carving !!!!!! Anyone with questions about this machine and the LHR staff PM me and I will remove your doubts.

Deolman
04-18-2009, 02:51 PM
This is great hearing another positive experience with the CarveWright machine.