PDA

View Full Version : OK I guess I'm stupid. I can live with myself anyway

will george
04-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I have the new 1.134 software.
I 'think' I saw a Magic Wand in the earlier version but none in version 1.134.
But then again, in the earlier version, it was always grayed out. Can anybody explain what is need to have the wand available. As a note I only import PNG files.

I cannot find a link for the manual for version 1.134.

I bet it is not allowed to ask two questions at the same time...

Is there something in here that explains how to make an adjustable carving sled of some standard (say 24 inches long and 14.5 inches wide.. or whatever) for holding various length/width carving boards and the machine will 'see' your true 'carving wood' with, lets say, 2 inch wide roller support on each side and a 4 inch top and bottom holder (borders around to hold the 'stick' being carved)..

I got mine to work once but I forgot what I did to make it work!.. I assume my real problem is what to do in the 'carving artwork' as to placement on my 'standard size' sled board where I place the 'carving' onto some place on the sled board that matches where I want the machine to carve!

OK.. I have no thought on how to explain my problem.. Is there a way to tell the machine where to start carving?

Yes I did (or at least think I did) read CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Apr08..
Not working for me...

As to why.. I want to do carvings in 'stages' and place a 'new carving' someplace onto the first carving.

cnsranch
04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
I have the new 1.134 software.
I 'think' I saw a Magic Wand in the earlier version but none in version 1.134.
But then again, in the earlier version, it was always grayed out. Can anybody explain what is need to have the wand available. As a note I only import PNG files.

I cannot find a link for the manual for version 1.134.

I bet it is not allowed to ask two questions at the same time...

Is there something in here that explains how to make an adjustable carving sled of some standard (say 24 inches long and 14.5 inches wide.. or whatever) for holding various length/width carving boards and the machine will 'see' your true 'carving wood' with, lets say, 2 inch wide roller support on each side and a 4 inch top and bottom holder (borders around to hold the 'stick' being carved)..

I got mine to work once but I forgot what I did to make it work!.. I assume my real problem is what to do in the 'carving artwork' as to placement on my 'standard size' sled board where I place the 'carving' onto some place on the sled board that matches where I want the machine to carve!

OK.. I have no thought on how to explain my problem.. Is there a way to tell the machine where to start carving?

Yes I did (or at least think I did) read CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Apr08..
Not working for me...

As to why.. I want to do carvings in 'stages' and place a 'new carving' someplace onto the first carving.

Re Magic Wand - you have Pattern Editor? If so, it's there. If it doesn't show, go to view, toolbars, customize - you can add it to the toolbar there.

Re Manual - https://www.carvewright.com/cms/downloads

Re Carvings in stages - make different mpc's, and carve them all on the same board, one at a time.

will george
04-17-2009, 08:46 PM
The link for the Manual is for... "This manual covers up to Version 1.132."

I have the one in the link already. I was looking for the updated version.

Thanks...

EDIT: By the way. I found out why I was having problems with my 'standard sized' slead. I put it in backwards!
I stated up front I was stupid!