PDA

View Full Version : the keeper

jackssib1
04-17-2009, 11:59 AM
the keeper that holds the bearings tight, is sliping down. how do I keep it up and in place? Glue?
Thanks
Jack

jackssib1
04-17-2009, 12:46 PM
guess I'll go to fix it .com

mtylerfl
04-17-2009, 12:49 PM
...or call LHR Tech Support;)

cnsranch
04-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Good to hear from you, Jack - how you doin'?

Wilbur
04-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I had the same thing happen. Called LHR and we replaced the Z truck with the QC on it.

Wilbur

Digitalwoodshop
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
I have had that one too... It is called a Bearing Damper and slides over the lower bearing and inside the Spindle. How many hours did you have on it before it fell down. Every post that I have followed has had it drop in the first day.

My educated guess is that it is a refurbished Spindle and the Tech doing the rebuilding is not getting it seated inside the spindle. I have never taken one apart but I will some day. I expect to find a lip edge that should hold the Damper inside the spindle. The damper is not being seated behind the lip edge.... I could be wrong, but some day I will do a "Anatomy of a Spindle" and post pictures. It happened to my Spindle in the first hour or so.

I was pushing it back up and it would fall down... I was in the middle of the County Fair Fire Trophy Project and got frustrated and looking for some tape to hold it in place grabbed a band aid and stuck it on there t hold it.... Didn't work...

Thought of rubbing some JB Weld in the gap at the bottom after pushing it up.... A Project for another day.... I had a Refurbished Spindle too, they call it a Z Truck. Still have it...

AL

RobertP
04-17-2009, 04:35 PM
That band-aid picture is too funny, thanks for the laugh!

Digitalwoodshop
04-17-2009, 07:20 PM
The boys over at Shop Bot thought so too... A little humor at LHR's expense.

Well really at my Expense... Since they didn't offer to fix it.

AL

TerryT
04-17-2009, 08:22 PM
The boys over at Shop Bot thought so too... A little humor at LHR's expense.

Well really at my Expense... Since they didn't offer to fix it.

AL

Hmmmm.... I wonder if L A Char feels the same? If it were me I would really like to kick shop bots b.. u... t... t... but that's just me, maybe not LA Char.