PDA

View Full Version : How do I do this?

DocWheeler
04-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Another wild idea for something for a granddaughter led me to making a picture frame made of her initials (JRH). My problem is the right-leg of the R.

I wanted to use the Dome shape to the letters (which will be stained blue), but the domes can not be shifted to an angle between 0 and 90.

Is there any way to do this in designer?

blantz
04-16-2009, 08:17 PM
How about making the leg of the R in a vertical position, turn it into a pattern and then attaching it to the rest of the R.

DocWheeler
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
B Lantz,

I've never tried that, it sounds like a solution, thanks.

(30 minutes later)

Okay, I did the deed. Pretty cool feature, but there seems to be artifacts at the bottom of the pattern I created. Was I supposed to do anything special?

I attached a "blowup" and the revised mpc.

fwharris
04-16-2009, 10:13 PM
ken,

It is not the pattern. I un locked the attachments and moved it around and on other parts of the board looked good. But when I moved it across the area of the board the lines show up. It might be the edge of your carve region on the left side at that point.

HighTechOkie
04-16-2009, 11:27 PM
I see that almost every time I paste a pattern, the bottom edge is repeated as a smear lower on the screen. Using v1.132 also.

DocWheeler
04-17-2009, 09:11 AM
I just wanted to thank the three of you for helping me with this.

I had read posts where someone had made a pattern from an mpc, but I had never tried it. I did not even know what the icon looked like! Took me a bit to figure it out (think stumble upon it), but now I have a new tool to use.