PDA

View Full Version : dust collection

board_maker
02-15-2006, 11:45 AM
When I viewed the online demo, I didn't really notice dust collection. How is this accomplished with the machine? Is there a dust port? I can't really tell on the images.

nicobie
02-16-2006, 08:09 PM
After to talking to Erik today, I think not yet.

I guess it will be necessary to make our own dust hood. This might be a hard machine to get 100% DC. At least it is not a sander and makes chips not dust.

yenne
02-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Hello, everyone. The machine does have a built-in dust management system insofar as is required to keep the various sensors clean. It basically removes airborne dust via blow ports and suction from the cutter motor to a small dust-catching bag on the exhaust port.

However, it is not designed to expel dust that settles on the workpiece or in the machine's cutting area. This dust does not interfere with the machine's operation and can be easily vacuumed out when a carving is complete.

The machine is pretty good about keeping dust captured within the cutting area, but some does fall off the belt drive as the workpiece moves through the machine. Again, it's pretty easy to vacuum up whatever spills at the machine's base.