PDA

View Full Version : 1st Scan

hess
04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
here is my 1st competed scan. words of wisdom please

Hess

want2b
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Haven't downloaded and tried to use it, only thing I would suggest is you might set the start & stop a little further out. Then use the editor to eliminate what you don't want. Trying to cut the scan really close often causes a problem with the edges of the object when carved, need to have the depth very close all the way around it.
Great looking , great to see someone interested in what can be reproduced/copied.
Rick H.

hess
04-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the input. will do

Hess

bjbethke
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
here is my 1st competed scan. words of wisdom please

Hess
Hesstx, I made a PTN from your image, It looks OK, but there is a little roughness. The roughness was because the image loaded in the forum as a JPEG, 12.3kb, JPEG's are noisy.

The other frame you posted looks great. I think the scanning probe is well worth the cost and the software is a lot cheaper than most 3d programs.

Keep up the good work.

hess
04-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Hesstx, I made a PTN from your image, It looks OK, but there is a little roughness. The roughness was because the image loaded in the forum as a JPEG, 12.3kb, JPEG's are noisy.

The other frame you posted looks great. I think the scanning probe is well worth the cost and the software is a lot cheaper than most 3d programs.

Keep up the good work.

Not sure why it sent it up as a I have saved it as a pat. Thanks much for. for doing the design for me

Hess