PDA

View Full Version : Z 248 stall bearings tightening on the slide bars

dougswanson
04-13-2009, 03:03 PM
OK I've searched for a solution to this problem but haven't seen this one yet. I put on the new z truck about a year ago and ever since then my adjustable bearings keep coming loose. I've locktited them and even used my dewalt lite impact driver to tighten them but they still keep coming loose. When they loosen up actually the bearing spins to where it gets tighter on the slide bars to the point that I can hardly move it myself. This is getting very frustrating!

Please.......Help.......:(

Doug

SteveEJ
04-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't understand, are the bearings loose on the rails on one end of the rails then when you move the truck they tighten up? If this is the case then the rails are not parallel and might have some debris behind one of them. When I replaced my bearings I used the hardening type of locktite on the bearing threads only and tightened the screw as much as possible after I adjusted the bearing tension per the documents. I also made sure the threads were REAL clean and oil free before I applied the locktite. Everything here is good so far.

Just sharing some ideas..

Hope this helps,
Steve

dougswanson
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Everything is clean. I've had this thing apart probably 6 or 7 times trying to figure this out. I also used blue locktite. Maybe I should try red. I get the bearings adjusted so it goes up and down but after running the machine for maybe 1/2 hour at the most the bearings tighten up and the it binds on the slide bars.

earlyrider
04-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Yes, you need to use red locktite on the screws. Do the bearings roll smoothly after they're adjusted? You might want to replace them or clean them out before using the red.
Ron

dougswanson
04-13-2009, 08:27 PM
The bearings were brand new when I got the new Z-truck last summer, and I've put very little use on it since. Maybe 30 hours. I checked them today and they roll smoothly. I cleaned it all again really good so I guess I'll get some red locktite and try that.

bjbethke
04-13-2009, 08:54 PM
The bearings were brand new when I got the new Z-truck last summer, and I've put very little use on it since. Maybe 30 hours. I checked them today and they roll smoothly. I cleaned it all again really good so I guess I'll get some red locktite and try that.
The threads on one of the bearings or the screw may be damaged.

You stated "even used my dewalt lite impact driver to tighten"

crazyhammer
04-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Just a side note ?

Check to be sure there wasn't any old threadlock on the back of the z truck where the bearings mate. It will cause the bearing to sit slightly at an angle which also could cause the rotation of the bearing and make it bind. I had my z truck replaced and found that LHR didn't remove the old loctite from the refurbished truck and it took me a while to figure it out.