PDA

View Full Version : Open door sensor

Stevenall
04-13-2009, 10:47 AM
This has probally been addressed before I have an open door sensor error and I do not no how to fix. When I open and close the door/ lid it said close door and hit enter. So I do hit enter and about 8 Sec. later it said close door again. I need help.:confused:

fwharris
04-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Steven,

There are 2 switches on the door, the one on the keyboard side tells the machine that the door is open or closed. The other is on the other end of the door and it tells the machine to stop the cut motor.

The one you are most likely having problems with is the one on the key board side. It can either be dirty with dust, out of alignment and some have reported that the door itself could be out of alignment as well.

I would first start with vacuuming out the switch and blowing it out with low volume air. For adjusting it loosen the 2 screws and try moving the switch forward or backward a little bit. Note that there is very little adjustment play with the screw holes for the switch.

Wilbur
04-14-2009, 10:47 AM
fwharris
Is right but I had the same problem and it was the switch itself. If this is your case I would suggest that you call LHR and tell them and let them send you a new switch with wiring harness.
This could save you some time and it is easy to change out.

Wilbur

DocWheeler
04-14-2009, 11:42 AM
After doing a major clean-up where I took the top off, I had a close cover message. I checked the switches and wiring on the keypad side and could not find a problem.
When I started to take the top off again, I found that one of the bullet connectors at the cut-motor was not inserted. Pushed it together and the problem went away.
So - the problem could be either side!

hess
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
This has probally been addressed before I have an open door sensor error and I do not no how to fix. When I open and close the door/ lid it said close door and hit enter. So I do hit enter and about 8 Sec. later it said close door again. I need help.:confused:

Had the same problem out of the box. CW tecs walked me though the checking and had to remove the keypad side cover. There is a SW near the front that works with the door SW. I had got a chip struck there and you just blow it out. Do be careful and don't drop the cover remove the ribbin wire from the inside of the unit before you remove the cover

There is a single screw on the left side in the back this holds cover over the wires thank it out and remove the cover and it allows you to remove the Ribbon wire that goes to the keypad. You want to do this because We have been known to drop the cover and rip the wires out.

once you have cleaned the SW you can just plug in the connector and hold the cover while running Sensor checks on the door see if you still have the problem

Hope it helps
Hess

bob@griffinbev.com
04-20-2009, 09:02 PM
I have same problem, close door error message. cleaned both sensors. Now what?? How many wire run to the one on the keypad side? 2 wires were connected. still wont work

supershingler
04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
take the cover switch loose and blow it with compressed air. they get clogged up with sawdust sometimes.

then go to the options menu and find cover switch and take alittle screwdriver and see if the switch clickes and see if the sensor changes from open to closed on the screen.

or take a ohm meter and check it

if that dont work call lhr tech and they can help you with some other checks

good luck