PDA

View Full Version : Open probe?

hess
04-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I just got the old probe out this weekend was able to make 1 small scan while about every 3 % having a check probe come up seemed all I had to do was get near it with my hand and it would clear it. But now it just says Open Probe and will not do anything.

Is open the same as on? Looked inside put a small bit of DE lube like jeff said in a post I read but will not come off open any ideas

I was scanning a frame to upload to pay back for some of the many patterns I have gotten here

Thanks hess

Jeff_Birt
04-13-2009, 08:16 AM
You can use the sensor test menu to test the probe. Are you plugging it into the Z-truck or the cover? If you have an ohm meter you can test the wires for continuity.

hess
04-13-2009, 02:24 PM
You can use the sensor test menu to test the probe. Are you plugging it into the Z-truck or the cover? If you have an ohm meter you can test the wires for continuity.
I'm plugging into the key pad side connector. Is there another place to plug into to. Got a meter now I have to remember how to use it. lol

Thanks Hess

hess
04-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Think I found it?
After talking with Barry today I went back out to the shop and planned to call him so he could walk me thought. I was able to get the probe to read closed in the sensor menu and soon after the scan started it stopped at 12 % with open probe thar when I noted that the connector that is in the middle of the wire going to the plug in on the key pad side was laying metal to metal with the frame of the CW. it was pushed all the way in but still had some metal showing. Wrapped it in rubber trape and it has bee running without issue since

So thanks Barry and Jeff

Hess

chebytrk
04-14-2009, 09:03 AM
I just got my scan probe and haven't had a chance to use it yet. I've loaded everything and registered everything OK. Question..... is the only time I can use the Pattern Editor when I scan something? I keep hearing about Designer and Pattern Editor and just wonder if I'm going to have to learn again with Pattern Editor. Can't I just use Pattern Editor for everything? Just asking........... Thanks

cnsranch
04-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Can't I just use Pattern Editor for everything?

You can, for those patterns you create - you can't edit a pattern of someone elses.

fhoward2
04-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I purchased the scanning probe and did not receive the pattern editor. Should it be included with the scanning probe? Thanks...

AskBud
04-21-2009, 09:39 PM
I purchased the scanning probe and did not receive the pattern editor. Should it be included with the scanning probe? Thanks...

There should be a disc in the box.
You need only "Activate" the Editor using the Code on the back of the Disc packet. In most cases, you do not even need to use the disc as the program is already on your system when you activated the carver (it's just a side program that requires the correct code).
AskBud

fhoward2
04-21-2009, 09:46 PM
THANKS... That was easy...One question though. It keeps saying I can only edit unlicensed patterns. I am trying to edit some of my kids pics and it wont allow it... THANKS