PDA

View Full Version : New machine on order ...

Ron Smith
02-15-2006, 10:42 AM
I ordered my new machine this morning with a full set of bits and was informed it would be a three week leadtime before delivery. I can't wait to get it set up and see what it can do. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress!

nicobie
02-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Have you checked out the software yet?

I ordered mine today and am just getting started with it.

02-17-2006, 09:06 PM
They included a downloadable version of the software with the invoice email. I've been working with that until I get the machine. It looks pretty straight forward and easy to work with. I am going to see how difficult it is to import other art and items to engrave. Let me know how you are doing. Don't forget pictures!

02-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Don't forget pictures!

You are right about the pictures.

We should do the 'Picture Police' thing like they do at SMC

nicobie
02-18-2006, 08:21 PM
above post was mine.

I might not have clicked on the button to save . . . .

don
02-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Hi Everyone...

I just received my CarveWright machine yesterday afternoon. It is still in the box. Hope to be able to get it going sometime this weekend. Will try to let you know of any results. I have been working with the software for several weeks, and am gaining on it I think. However the main problem seems to be controlling the depth of cut of the patterns. I am importing my own patterns or pictures into the program.

Am anxious for everyone to get their machines so that we can hopefully share experiences with each other.

nicobie
02-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi don,

I can't wait to get mine.

Don't forget pics!

And please pass on any tips you piick up.

lpcsales
02-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi Don,
Congratulations! How long did you have to wait to get your machine once you ordered it? Mine's been on order for a week now, but they told me there would be a 2 week delay.
Can't wait to hear your reports! Happy Carving!

don
02-24-2006, 03:21 PM
I ordered the machine at the KC Woodworking show on 3 Feb. So it was about 3 weeks in coming.

I still have not gotten it out of the living room down to my shop, and sort of have a bad back, so am not sure when it will happen, although hopefully this weekend.

If you have the software, I think that there is a lot to learn on it. I have been playing with it since the WW show and have found that whatever you are working on (imported files) that it can change drastically by inverting the pattern, changing the depth of cut, height of cut, bit optimization, and even the feather. If what you are working on does not look right, try changing all of the above and it can look entirely different.

That said, I still do not know how it will look on the carving.

Chris Cordina
02-24-2006, 05:58 PM
First post. Ordered mine on wednesday. Have only seen what it can do on the web site. Will be good to see how it works in the real world(our homes). Post pics. Can't wait to get mine.

pkunk
02-24-2006, 09:48 PM
to see how it works.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/114thcobra/DSCN5806.jpg