PDA

View Full Version : QC keeps coming loose?

countrywoodshop
04-12-2009, 08:27 PM
My wife and I have a CW and we LOVE it. It has given us no problems, except when we screw up. The only thing that we have had a problem with is the QC comes loose from the shaft. Could I use something like loctite on the threads to keep it from loosening? We have only had our CW for about two weeks now, but we have put a lot of hours on it and really enjoy what it is capable of doing. One other item of curiosity is that the static electricity buildup on the clear cover collects a lot of sawdust. Is the something that could be used to minimize that?

TWOATLOW8
04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes the QC should have loctitie on it...I use blue loctitie. Just make shure you clean in throughly before you apply the loctite...and let sit for 24 hrs

JOHNB
04-12-2009, 11:33 PM
WHAT? lol. a new cw with no loc-tite on the qc.?

SAA3840
04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Try wiping the lid, inside and out with a wet washcloth with dish soap in it. Do not rinse it, let the soap dry on the plastic. I've heard that it will cut down on static.

Pratyeka
04-13-2009, 05:55 AM
To fight static electricity, you can use any fabric softener sheet and wipe the surface with it.

TerryT
04-13-2009, 06:53 AM
To fight static electricity, you can use any fabric softener sheet and wipe the surface with it.

I have tried anti-static spray. Wasn't worth the effort for me.

Kenm810
04-13-2009, 08:30 AM
I haven't used them myself, But if you feel you need them,
Several Office Supply and Computer stores sell Anti-Static Wet or Dry Wipes.
I just looked at Google and there are pages of them available.

I prefer just a light puff of compressed air now and then when necessary. :wink:

Rocky
04-13-2009, 09:29 AM
In my opinion, this is yet another example supporting the need for better quality control during the assembly of new CW's at the factory. The 2 significant problems I had early on with my CW were things relating to parts not being properly secured. I'm still a fan of the CW and enjoy using mine.

Icutone2
04-13-2009, 02:58 PM
As posted, I also use a dryer sheet new or used worked for me!