PDA

View Full Version : Copying patterns to new PC

want2b
04-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Upgrade to a new PC. I copied my Favorites file from the old and replaced the existing on the new PC. When I opened Designer it asked if I had a license or just wanted to do a trial, Since I didn't have a 'license' I selected trial and went on with my upgrade. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to lose my patterns soon. Is there a better way to move them without having to do each individually?
Rick H.
ver 1.132

ChrisAlb
04-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Hi Rick,

You need to show Designer your license file. The easiest way is to log into your user account at CarveWright and download it. Save it to your desktop, open Designer and go to Help/Manage License, hit the Import License file button and navigate to the file on the desktop. That "should" take care of it.

If not, it's probably because the license file ID code doesn't match the new computer in which case just give LHR a call or shoot an email to their software department.

want2b
04-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Thx Chris , will try either or and post the results in hope it may help other members
Rick H

want2b
04-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Chris,
Did the download and manage steps with no problem Guess I'll hae to wait and see what does or does not happen. Just to be safe I have placed a copy of my favs on a flashdrive.
Thanks again , Rick H