PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd share this:

SAA3840
04-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I got the idea for the ovals from a sign in the restroom where I work. Got the toilet here on the forum, thanks to whomever posted it.
I decided that if I was going to carve one of these ovals, I'd make it worth my while and do three at a time. So I made up the mpc with three ovals and carved them out. When I was done I had a scrap piece of wood with three ovals cut out. I decided to make a long skinny set of picture frames.

Well I liked the idea so I went back to the mpc and re-worked it so that I could get four projects out of one.
Help yourselves to the end results. One side's done carving and the other is almost done. Looks good, too.

fwharris
04-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Mike,

Great idea and use of what was scrap wood. I have a stack of cut outs that I have kept to do something similar. Was thinking mirrors but some would make nice picture frames too.

PS, I will not say anything about restroom humor. LOL

PCW
04-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Mike

That is a great idea and thank you for the share. Fourth project is a great mind at work.

Dan

Gary Koval
04-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Don't know where the phrase came from, probably from someone here, so thanks to whomever, anyway I cut this did'nt take any photo's sorry, but it came out well enough that a friend now has it in his service station bathroom. Enjoy!

SAA3840
04-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Yep, it's finished and it came out perfect! The cut-path came out exactly where I wanted it in relation to the ovals on the back. The machine ran like a Swiss watch, no complaints about anything. If I do another, I won't change anything on the mpc.

AWoodsmith
04-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Yep, it's finished and it came out perfect! The cut-path came out exactly where I wanted it in relation to the ovals on the back. The machine ran like a Swiss watch, no complaints about anything. If I do another, I won't change anything on the mpc.

Cool projects, thanks for sharing...