PDA

View Full Version : 2 axis stalls

cnc4me
04-10-2009, 08:34 PM
After putting in the last tool for the cutout and letting it go through its finding surface steps,as I walked away I didnt hear the machine start up, went and and took a look it was just sitting there. looked at the screen Z axis stall, when I reloaded just the cutout and tried to run it then I received X axis stall! So went in and cleaned and checked all rails and belts, everything is in good order. When i checked the Z movement with power on it was intermittent, was easy to moved then it locked like it had power to it then it was loose again. Seemed like power was trying to get there but not constant. So I'm dead in the water, I called LHR and had to leave a voice mail. Will try and contact them in the morning. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

Dan-Woodman
04-10-2009, 08:36 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a chip in between the belt and gear would you?

Digitalwoodshop
04-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Is your Cut Motor Spinning up at bit change? Is the Cut Motor working?

AL

cnc4me
04-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Dont see any chips in the belts, I have used compressed air to clear away any that might have been in there. As for the cut motor, I'm not sure if its working after this. I cant get far enough along for it to turn on. After powering off and then on with a new project right off the bat I get the Z axis stall error. I have taken the top cover off and inspected wiring all looks normal, all plugs are well seated. Guess I will take the bottom plate off and check those wires next.

Digitalwoodshop
04-11-2009, 09:01 AM
You might have a power supply problem.

After Bit change it will power up, but that must not get that far from what you say.

Call LHR and they will hook you up.

AL

cnc4me
04-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the help.