PDA

View Full Version : Finished project order

fwharris
04-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Just delivered these this afternoon. Customer has a KOA campground in Calif. in the Mt. Lassen area (real close to Ike). He will be selling (hope hope) them in the gift shop. After seeing the 2 trout projects he ordered 2 more.

You can also view larger sized pictures at:
http://photos.ringneckblues.com/

PCW
04-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Outstanding! Who is the artist that done the painting? Airbrush or natural brush? Dan

fwharris
04-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Outstanding! Who is the artist that done the painting? Airbrush or natural brush? Dan

All the painting is done by me (with a lot of coaching from the wife) and it is all done with a brush and rag. I use acrylic paints and paint pens.

DocWheeler
04-10-2009, 04:03 PM
FW,

Those look very nice. Probably felt pretty good to have the order for two more upon their seeing the trout!

I hope this goes well for you.

ChrisAlb
04-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Top Shelf as aways FW....http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif I'm sure many will sell.

Happy Easter everyone!

jpaluck
04-10-2009, 04:13 PM
incredible looking 1st class all the way

fwharris
04-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks guys! And yes I do feel real good! Mainly because it all got started with him just wanting a few bears for the gift shop. After he came over to see the test carve on the bear he started with give me 2 of those 1 of that. He ended up only getting 3 of the bears LOL..

He will not be taking the order out to Calif. until mid/late June so it gives me a little time to get the other 2 done.

FiddlemakerMills
04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Great works of art are rare Fw

Congrats.

RayTrek
04-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Outstanding work and painting and I love how you displayed them for us.
It is great to hear your success story, could be the start of something big I know I would enjoy having more customers like that.
Cheers to you FW and thanks for sharing your projects with us.
Ray

fwharris
04-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Carl,

I hope they are not to rare as I am doing my best to get more of them out there LOL!

Ray,

Yes the presentation (back ground) really helps to make them standout as you are well aware of. I enjoy seeing your work with the blue (aquarium I believe) back ground. Just glad to have my rock wall to compliment mine.

Kenm810
04-11-2009, 11:26 AM
It really dose make a beautiful Display !!
"Very, Very Well Done"

mtylerfl
04-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Excellent! I agree that the background really showcases your work. Congrats!

Digitalwoodshop
04-11-2009, 01:02 PM
WOW !!!! I was trying to think of the word to describe the quality and Chris Hit it right on top of the HEAD... "TOP SHELF".....

Excellent !!!!

AL

fwharris
04-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Chris, Ken, Michael and Al,

Thanks guys! Your comments and encouragement really make my day!

I am really lucky that my LOML has the true artistic eye and talent and is willing to let me move her display off of the table each time I need to take more pictures. Only problem is she will not let me keep them there LOL. I keep suggesting that some of them would look great mounted permanently on the rock wall but as of yet no deal! Got to keep trying though!

Ike
04-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Just delivered these this afternoon. Customer has a KOA campground in Calif. in the Mt. Lassen area (real close to Ike). He will be selling (hope hope) them in the gift shop. After seeing the 2 trout projects he ordered 2 more.

You can also view larger sized pictures at:
http://photos.ringneckblues.com/
Very nice and yes very close off hwy 44 going to Redding!

Ike