PDA

View Full Version : frame

ajk
04-09-2009, 06:52 AM
could somebody tells what is wrong. y can not get to cuttpath all. sorry i have read that everybody have a big expertise but i am only a pharmacist who likes this stuff and i helping my husband to make some additions to his works. also looking for do something that i like in my retirement. i lovecarving .

TerryT
04-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Is this what you were looking for? Before using the outline tool, select the carve region then press CTL key while selecting butterfly then click on outline.

bjbethke
04-09-2009, 08:15 AM
could somebody tells what is wrong. y can not get to cuttpath all. sorry i have read that everybody have a big expertise but i am only a pharmacist who likes this stuff and i helping my husband to make some additions to his works. also looking for do something that i like in my retirement. i lovecarving .
You have your MPC settings too deep, some parts may come loose and damage your machine.

Since you selected a ˝ inch board you do not want your pattern set to .5 inch depths.

To make the cut path you need to outline the butter fly and the outside of the frame; see attachment one.

Step 1: Add BF pattern and outside frame rectangle, “Select All”, “Outline” and set cut path.

Step 2: Add photo rectangle, and other stuff. You could make it a two sided carving and add a rectangle for the photo and glass, but with a ˝ inch board the frame will only be 1/4th inch thick

Hope this helps.

ajk
04-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Is this what you were looking for? Before using the outline tool, select the carve region then press CTL key while selecting butterfly then click on outline.

thankyou that's it.:D

bjbethke
04-09-2009, 08:22 AM
TerryT, I don't think that MPC will Work, all the loose parts will fly around.

ajk
04-09-2009, 08:40 AM
hi:
one of my problems is realize the depth. looks good in the computer. also the invert stuff.
but with your explanation i understood better. as always thakyou.

AskBud
04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Remember that you may want to place a ledge on the rear of the frame.
Look at Ken's post for a sample.
Click on the "R" Icon.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=86590&postcount=1047

Kenm810
04-09-2009, 10:15 AM
To do that, you might want to change your project board from 1/2" to 3/4" thick :wink:

mtylerfl
04-09-2009, 11:02 AM

Hello,

You may also find some helpful info in the February 2009 Tips & Tricks ISSUE 17 "Basic Picture Frame How-To"
(http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Feb09.pdf)

TerryT
04-09-2009, 04:40 PM
TerryT, I don't think that MPC will Work, all the loose parts will fly around.

BJ, you may be right. Sorry, I was in a hurry and just addressed the question of the cut path without looking at the rest of the mpc. Good Catch!