PDA

View Full Version : Edge of Carve looks bad

Carving Hodag
04-08-2009, 11:14 AM
I have what I thought my carve would look like and actual carve uploaded here. Just got machine back from Sears after they've had it twice since Feb. and came back this time and still wouldn't work. There answer was to send it in again even though I wanted to trouble shoot the problem first. So after that long frustrating call, I called CW and after another very long call we got it going but this is the first carve out of the box. Centerline text part came out fine and I won't make this so deep next time, but what happened to the edges they came out stepped or something. Any help or is what that ptn will give me?

Kenm810
04-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Hmmm -- even at best setting, the ptn pattern in designer looks pretty ragged

AskBud
04-08-2009, 11:33 AM
The first thing I would do is re import the pattern. It looks like that may be a great portion of your problem.
AskBud

mtylerfl
04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Looks like it was a poor quality graphic (jpg??) to begin with.

That scene looks familiar - was it from the Pattern Sharing section?

Carving Hodag
04-08-2009, 12:53 PM
It was a shared pattern I'll do a different project and see what happens, Thanks

mtylerfl
04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
It was a shared pattern I'll do a different project and see what happens, Thanks

Hello,

Try carving a "good" pattern instead of a graphic like the ones you often find in the Pattern Sharing section. You have about 50 or so full-dimensional patterns included in the Designer Library that came with your machine.

If carving one of those comes out alright, then you know your machine is ok.

Kenm810
04-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Here's a Designer screen shot from the original ptn file

mtylerfl
04-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Here's a Designer screen shot from the original ptn file

That's much better, but it's still just a "flat" line-drawing graphic.

If it's not carved too deep, it will look OK, but he really should try carving something a little better quality to get a firm idea if his machine is performing correctly.

Kenm810
04-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Try this on a piece of scrap or something
to see how your machine is carving,
it's been said your supposed to get what you see ! :wink:

bjbethke
04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
That's much better, but it's still just a "flat" line-drawing graphic.

If it's not carved too deep, it will look OK, but he really should try carving something a little better quality to get a firm idea if his machine is performing correctly.
The PTN was made from a black and white LOGO image

cnsranch
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
That looks a lot better, BJ, but he's still not going to be very happy - lots of chip-out with those sharp edges.