PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting someone's experiences

bonyfingers
02-14-2006, 08:09 AM
I am very interested in the CarveWright machine but I am anxious to hear from someone who has had some experience . From the look of the machine in the video provided on the website it will be a good thing to have in a custom furniture and cabinet business but I need to hear from someone who has done some real work with it.

My past experiences with CNC machinery (plasma cutter) have not been all positive. As with anything new there is a learning curve.

My wife is even interested in this machine. Her first words when I showed her the video were "I want one!!"

If you have some personal experience with the machine as a customer of CarveWright, please respond with your first take on the machine.

tbcm
02-14-2006, 04:07 PM
I bought one from the Kansas City trade show 2 weeks ago, and I can tell you it's fantastic. I'm just a weekend woodworking warrior, but this machine and software are very easy to use. Plus the support has been great when I've had questions. I already have several requests from friends and family for "projects".

Ron Smith
02-15-2006, 11:56 AM
It'll be a couple of weeks, but I'll keep you posted on the progress!

02-15-2006, 12:13 PM
What I find the most interesting about this is that there is no one from CarveWright chiming in on these posts to help set us straight. Lots of questions but no answers????? Makes me wonder.

dickf35
02-16-2006, 06:12 PM
There doesn't seem to be any questions in this thread for anyone to answer; however if you have specific questions, call CarveWright. They'd love to hear from you, and will answer all your questions.
Dick F

02-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi bonyfingers,

I bought one today. The guy who answered the phone was cool. Not pushie at all.

It seems that they have them in stock but it will be a couple of weeks from order until they ship, because each machine needs to be calibrated first. You get the software to play with right away (they send a link).

I understand that this forum was just started this week. I figure I'll give them a chance.

nicobie

nicobie
02-16-2006, 07:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi bonyfingers,

I bought one today. The guy who answered the phone was cool. Not pushie at all.

It seems that they have them in stock but it will be a couple of weeks from order until they ship, because each machine needs to be calibrated first. You get the software to play with right away (they send a link).

I understand that this forum was just started this week. I figure I'll give them a chance.

nicobie

Dan-Woodman
02-25-2006, 07:31 AM
my machine will be here monday , 2-days short of 3-weeks.
thats ok, Eric says they go thru every machine b-4 its shipped to make sure it works perfectly.
I have been playing with my software for a week now , and I'm convinced this is going to be really easy to program. I don't have much computor experiance, but I have played around with Print Artist. If you can do Print Artist , you can do Carvewright.
I was wondering if I could cut Pocket Holes for face frames. so I was playing around and drug a rectangle on to the project board, typed in 3/8" wide by 2.5 in. long ,3/8 in deep, and then went to -- feather-- and wow a perfect pocket hole joint. I can't wait to try it . If there not already , pocket hole joints should be standard item on the onboard computor.