PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing board

Darthmaul1964
04-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Ever since my machine was new (only a few months and less than 25 projects) I have had issues when installing the board. I turn the handle to lower the head and load the upper rollers but when the handle begins to ratchet I have not yet gotten enough pressure to signal the machine that board is loaded. After reading some trouble shooting tips in the users manual I found out about the screw on the right side (opposite of the keypad) and have found that if I reach in and "help" the screw turn while turning the handle I can get enough pressure to satisfy the machine and more to the next step. Though this works, I am sure it is not what the designers of the CC intended. Is there a better way to address this issue?

Jeff_Birt
04-06-2009, 10:03 AM
This usually happens when you need to lubricate the four vertical guide posts. Also make sure the head (part that cranks up/down) is level with the base.

cnsranch
04-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Also, try here:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10961&highlight=head

I haven't had problems, but I have had the habit of placing my right hand on top of the machine with light pressure while cranking the head down - no real reason, just always have done it - does seem to help (probably in my mind).

It was interesting to see a video some time back with the boss at LHR demonstraing the machine on a woodworking show - he did exactly the same thing. Hmm...

Darthmaul1964
04-06-2009, 10:08 AM
This usually happens when you need to lubricate the four vertical guide posts. Also make sure the head (part that cranks up/down) is level with the base.

Even though this happened right out of the box. Literally, the first board I put in the machine and I had this problem.

Darthmaul1964
04-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Also, try here:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10961&highlight=head

I haven't had problems, but I have had the habit of placing my right hand on top of the machine with light pressure while cranking the head down - no real reason, just always have done it - does seem to help (probably in my mind).

It was interesting to see a video some time back with the boss at LHR demonstraing the machine on a woodworking show - he did exactly the same thing. Hmm...

I have tried pushing down while turning the handle with no results. Only thing I have found to help is turning the vert. screw while turning the crank.

Jeff_Birt
04-06-2009, 11:50 AM
You should check your machine for alignment and lubrication even right out of the box. There is no telling how long it set before you got it or how rough the delivery guys were with the box.

Darthmaul1964
04-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Good point.