PDA

View Full Version : My solution to back and front not lining-up

cestout
04-05-2009, 06:27 PM
A while ago I posted my "Business Card Holder" project here asking why the back and front did not line-up. There were a couple of comments then the thread went off elsewhere. Well I found a solution that is a time-saver (and wood saver). I made a sled for 6 X 5 5/16 X 3/4 pieces. On one piece I do the name on the front using optimal, then flip the piece over in the sled and carve the back of the front and base using draft mode - quite sufficient for this. I use the table saw and miter saw to cut the parts to size - saves ware on the machine and the cutting bit. Then I put in a new piece and carve the back and let the machine cut this one out because of the pattern shape. For this one I use best or optimal depending on the complexity of the pattern and how well my "mop" will clean it up.
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
04-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Front to back help.

Use the Drill Hole to mark key points on the art on the front, flip board and align the art flip the board and delete the drill holes.

Watch the setup, if your work is not centered in width on the sled it could miss align when you flip the work piece.

Never place on corner..... Center....

More help in Tips and Tricks

AL